Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    I'm white.
    Yep. Most SJWs are white.

And they find it somehow fulfilling, disaffiliating and guilt-exorcising to make and support racist statements against white people.

I am sure if a white person said negative nonsense about black people, you would be one of the first to express your outrage?

ReputationRep:
    You're right, and I can of understand why so many of them are reluctant to admit to their privilege
    'All those whomst gain power are afraid to lose it.'
    Yep.

A case of public disaffiliation to exorcise any sense of guilt.

SJW characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Yep. Most SJWs are white.

And they find it somehow fulfilling, disaffiliating and guilt-exorcising to make and support racist statements against white people.

I am sure if a white person said negative nonsense about black people, you would be one of the first to express your outrage?
    BME people cannot be racist towards white people. That's why I shrugged off your switcheroo' post whereby you attempted to turn the table on PoC and accuse them of racism. In fact, black people have no privilege or power in this hemisphere thus they cannot oppress white people. Racism is a system that was designed to hold PoC down and keep them there while celebrating the social construction of whiteness. Let's get one thing clear racism only benefits the oppressor not the oppressed. Have you no shame?

And for the record, I'd rather not associate myself with the likes of you. I stand in solidarity with my BME brothers and sisters.

ReputationRep:
    White privilage:

A POC ,Ruth, got a first class and an award in Uni. She applies for a job and she is accepted. She is paid £30,000 a year.

A Caucasian person, Jessica, didn't pass in uni. She re took her exams and got 2.1. She applies for the same job as Ruth 3 years later. Jessica gets paid £30,000 a year. Ruth is still on £30,000 py despite working excellently.

Jessica get private lesons so she can do better in her job. Ruth is left blind if she needs help.

Jessica gets promoted a year later. She is now on £37,000 a year. Ruth has been working here for 4 years and is still on £30,000.

Jessica is promoted to Manager 3 years later and has a higher position than Ruth despite Ruth being more educated and experienced. Jessica is now paid £50,000. Ruth has been working there for 7 years and is only on £35,000 a year. Ruth asks for help but no one helps her. Jessica asks for help and the company gives her one of the best tutors.

Ruth has to work twice as hard as Jessica.

ReputationRep:
    BME people cannot be racist towards white people. That's why I shrugged off your switcheroo' post whereby you attempted to turn the table on PoC and accuse them of racism. In fact, black people have no privilege or power in this hemisphere thus they cannot oppress white people. Racism is a system that was designed to hold PoC down and keep them there while celebrating the social construction of whiteness. Let's get one thing clear racism only benefits the oppressor not the oppressed. Have you no shame?

And for the record, I'd rather not associate myself with the likes of you. I stand in solidarity with my BME brothers and sisters.
    So if a group of black boys beat up a white boy on the streets for being white, it is not racism?

Love your redefinition of racism in your own SJW logic.

Typical SJW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slushiii)
    White privilage:

A POC ,Ruth, got a first class and an award in Uni. She applies for a job and she is accepted. She is paid £30,000 a year.

A Caucasian person, Jessica, didn't pass in uni. She re took her exams and got 2.1. She applies for the same job as Ruth 3 years later. Jessica gets paid £30,000 a year. Ruth is still on £30,000 py despite working excellently.

Jessica get private lesons so she can do better in her job. Ruth is left blind if she needs help.

Jessica gets promoted a year later. She is now on £37,000 a year. Ruth has been working here for 4 years and is still on £30,000.

Jessica is promoted to Manager 3 years later and has a higher position than Ruth despite Ruth being more educated and experienced. Jessica is now paid £50,000. Ruth has been working there for 7 years and is only on £35,000 a year. Ruth asks for help but no one helps her. Jessica asks for help and the company gives her one of the best tutors.

Brilliant explanation. It's a subtle form of racism

ReputationRep:
    White privilage:

And we blame all white people for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    Brilliant explanation. It's a subtle form of racism
    “I’ve been treated worse than my parents in the sixties. It's all very well hidden, no racist words - you're just never good enough for promotion."

ReputationRep:
    White privilage:

BRAVO! You have encapsulated the insidious nature of racism and prejudice, that is, it's not always overt but its as extremely devastating. I'm literally saddened by reading this post because we all know it happens too often.

As a society we need to stop congratulating and encouraging white mediocrity... No more giving awards and recognition to white boys and girls just for trying. Truly sickening practice that is endemic of this racist desolate country we live in.

ReputationRep:
    I am white. That's all you know about me. Am I privileged based on that alone and assuming I am, should I feel guilt and what should I do about it?

Absolutely. Consider it this way. All I know about you is you’re tall. Do you have any advantages? Yes. Does that mean you don’t deserve the can of tuna on the higher shelf? No. Nobody is saying that. Eat away mighty giant. Should you feel guilty about getting the tuna from the top shelf? No. Nobody is saying that. Lighten your soul’s burden and let it fly free in the clouds beneath your knees.

Does that mean short people can’t get the tuna? No. Does that mean there aren’t disadvantages of being tall? No. Passengers seated on an airplane are cramped in their seats Getty Images Nobody is saying that. You have our sympathy for your poor bruised knees. What people are saying is: Denying you are lucky is silly. Stop looking bewildered every time a short person can’t reach something. We’re sick of explaining this incredibly simple concept. We know there are things you do not have (i.e. even higher shelves). We know there may be other things preventing you reaching the high shelves. Maybe you have bad elbows or arthritis. Short people with arthritis are still below you.

You are still lucky you are tall. It works out well for most people, for the grocery store to put most things on medium shelves. If you can help shorter people with things on higher shelves, do so. Why would you not do that? Short people can help you with stuff on lower shelves. We are annoyed that the people who run the grocery store put all the best stuff on the top shelves. There are a lot of people who are putting things on higher shelves because they hate short people. Don’t associate with those people. They want everything to be about this height

Advantages. It doesn’t mean you’re rich. It doesn’t mean you’re luckier than a lucky black guy. Nobody wants you to be crippled with guilt. Nobody has ever wanted that, or means those things. It means you have an advantage, and all anyone is asking is that you *get* that. Once you get that, it’s pretty straightforward to all the further implications.This question originally appeared on Quora: I am white. That's all you know about me. Am I privileged based on that alone and assuming I am, should I feel guilt and what should I do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyaljamila)
    I am white. That's all you know about me. Am I privileged based on that alone and assuming I am, should I feel guilt and what should I do about it?

Absolutely. Consider it this way. All I know about you is you’re tall. Do you have any advantages? Yes. Does that mean you don’t deserve the can of tuna on the higher shelf? No. Nobody is saying that. Eat away mighty giant. Should you feel guilty about getting the tuna from the top shelf? No. Nobody is saying that. Lighten your soul’s burden and let it fly free in the clouds beneath your knees.

Does that mean short people can’t get the tuna? No. Does that mean there aren’t disadvantages of being tall? No. Passengers seated on an airplane are cramped in their seats Getty Images Nobody is saying that. You have our sympathy for your poor bruised knees. What people are saying is: Denying you are lucky is silly. Stop looking bewildered every time a short person can’t reach something. We’re sick of explaining this incredibly simple concept. We know there are things you do not have (i.e. even higher shelves). We know there may be other things preventing you reaching the high shelves. Maybe you have bad elbows or arthritis. Short people with arthritis are still below you.

You are still lucky you are tall. It works out well for most people, for the grocery store to put most things on medium shelves. If you can help shorter people with things on higher shelves, do so. Why would you not do that? Short people can help you with stuff on lower shelves. We are annoyed that the people who run the grocery store put all the best stuff on the top shelves. There are a lot of people who are putting things on higher shelves because they hate short people. Don’t associate with those people. They want everything to be about this height

Advantages. It doesn’t mean you’re rich. It doesn’t mean you’re luckier than a lucky black guy. Nobody wants you to be crippled with guilt. Nobody has ever wanted that, or means those things. It means you have an advantage, and all anyone is asking is that you *get* that. Once you get that, it’s pretty straightforward to all the further implications.This question originally appeared on Quora: I am white. That's all you know about me. Am I privileged based on that alone and assuming I am, should I feel guilt and what should I do about it?

Another poster who is looking beyond their privilege to stand in solidarity with PoC. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...-justification

“The 2011 census indicated that over 40% of Londoners were from BME backgrounds, whilst only 10% of MPS police officers were from BME communities. "These officers disproportionately hug the lower ranks, face significantly slower rates of career progression and are over-represented in disciplinary actions, in comparison to their white counterparts. This current position is unsustainable, as it severely impacts on police legitimacy and more importantly erodes trust and confidence in BME communities."
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...y-racist-black

https://www.runnymedetrust.org/blog/...ealth-services
    It couldn't be that fewer BMEs apply to the police.

Or that BMEs are relatively new entries, and aren't many higher in the ranks. Or BMEs aren't as educationally motivated, and therefore don't deserve to be in the upper ranks.

Or that BMEs are more likely to behave in a way which deserves disciplinary review.

There is no reason for BMEs to be under-represented in the Met, other than that white people don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    White privilage:

And that's happening up and down the country every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    So if a group of black boys beat up a white boy on the streets for being white, it is not racism?

Love your redefinition of racism in your own SJW logic.

Typical SJW!
    No that's not racist, you may accuse them of being prejudiced but definitely not racist. They don't have the privilege or the social power to be racist to someone who is white.

In fact, most of the instances of PoC attacking white people is due to the white person making some form of derogatory remark - it's reactionary.

Just look at General Kelly and his speech to the press and how he called a black woman a racial slur 'empty barrel' without giving it a second thought. And that was a rehearsed and pre-written speech. Nobody thought that might alienate PoC?

ReputationRep:
    "white privilege" is the most insidious term. What's worse is when people pretend it's not racist because "it's just those whites being privileged again and they can't notice it". There's already a term for discriminating based on skin colour and it's called "racism". Stop assigning collective guilt to a skin colour (i.e. discriminating based on skin colour (i.e. racism)).

ReputationRep:
    No that's not racist, you may accuse them of being prejudiced but definitely not racist. They don't have the privilege or the social power to be racist to someone who is white.

In fact, most of the instances of PoC attacking white people is due to the white person making some form of derogatory remark - it's reactionary.

Just look at General Kelly and his speech to the press and how he called a black woman a racial slur 'empty barrel' without giving it a second thought. And that was a rehearsed and pre-written speech. Nobody thought that might alienate PoC?
    What the **** are you talking about. An act of discriminating based on race/colour/nationality is racism. Social power or organisation does not have a thing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    If I take a trip to a predominantly black country and I start yelling racial slurs at the top of my voice, is that racism? If it isn't, what the **** is it called? Why is it different if we swap the country with a predominantly white one, and I'm black?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaybastone)
    Too bad all those black people wasted their time being slaves instead of becoming successful, aye. Poor planning, really.
    Too bad black people sold each other to slave traders and there is still a large slave trade in Africa.

ReputationRep:

This is the point I should say "I have never heard such deluded and illogical junk in my life" but as I have heard many SJWs talk. Yes, I have heard numerous similar junk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badgirl55)
    Hm. I believe in Thisbe current world and generations we live in, coming from a white person myself, I believe that white people get further in this society than any other race especially black people and Muslims.
    Muslims aren't a racial group.

(Original post by cherryred90s)
    White privilege is often invisible to the people who have it
    That's extremely convenient - kind of like an automatic win. You should really leave such manipulation and nonsense out of your arguments if you wish to appear credible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.