Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calg_)
    Oh so it is white privilege that leads to those things happening. Not the fact that they disproportionatly commit more crime, no?
    I’m sure that if white people were stopped and searched as frequently as BME are, you’d soon see a spike in white criminality. After all, if you don’t search for it, how will you find it?

ReputationRep:
    I blame Tumblr for all of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14102017)
    Attachment 697398

Sounds like someone is jealous of this persons success so they are putting them down.
    White Privilege - the right to remain silent when facing White Genocide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Institutional and systematic racism
    What do you think positive discrimination is?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.olk)
    White people DO have an easier time, may not necessarily be your fault but that is the way society is set up. Yes, there are ethnic minorities who do succeed but for the majority, institutional racism get in the way, as well as lack of family connections, poverty etc. The fact that you can't acknowledge that is your privilege in practice.
    If my parents and ancestors worked hard to be successful and build a strong nation, then damn ****ing yeah, I should have an easier time.

Or what do you think most parents work hard for? For others children to enjoy the fruits of their labour more than their own children?

If that is the case, then I am going to be pissed that Richard Branson's kids are enjoying more than me. Damn 'Branson Privilege'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    Lool wht the actual **** did I just read? White privilege don't exist? Are you ****ing kidding me? I mean are you blind or what? When you see on the news white police officers chasing black or shooting black people can you you honestly say that happens to white people? White people walk down the street freely without being stopped or searched but it happens to black people all the time. Is that not white privilege?
    Stop talking crap!

White people get chased and shot by police.

White people are stopped and searched by police.

ReputationRep:
    The origin of these movements like BLM etc is usually founded by intelligence agency mind control projects (mk ultra, monarch among others) and the military security complex and global financiers benefit grateful from the conflict that results from it. Most of the people perpetuating these racial conflicts in the media and on this forum are Zionist aggravators.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Stop talking crap!

White people get chased and shot by police.

White people are stopped and searched by police.
    Just to help your argument as the person you quoted is an idiot.
    Stops and searches under Police and Criminal Evidence Act 67.2% 14.6%
    white is 67% black is 14.6% (other races cut out but white is 100% the majority. Thats in UK). More white people being searched than black, disproving his point.

Here's the same for the US:
    "a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white." this is killings though as I couldnt find searches... but still, white people being killed by police. Disproving his point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.olk)
    I'll give you some.

Black people are 7x more likely to be stopped and searched than white people
    Black people are 4x more likely to be imprisoned than white people
    Black people make up just over 3% of the UK population but are overrepresented in prison statistics as they make up over 1/4 of the prison population

There you go.
    Well and so what?

What makes you think it makes sense to compare those police activities with population statistics instead of crime activity statistics.

Black people commit 70-90% of knife and gun violence despite being only 3% of the population, so what is wrong with Black people are 7x more likely to be stopped and searched than white people?

If a section of society commits more murder or violent crime than others while its population representation is relatively tiny, what is wrong with that population being more likely to be in prison? Or you think innocent white people should be locked up just to balance the statistics?

In the major cities in the UK what proportion of the violent street gangs do you think are non-black?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)
    Just to help your argument as the person you quoted is an idiot.
    Stops and searches under Police and Criminal Evidence Act 67.2% 14.6%
    white is 67% black is 14.6% (other races cut out but white is 100% the majority. Thats in UK). More white people being searched than black, disproving his point.

Here's the same for the US:
    "a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white." this is killings though as I couldnt find searches... but still, white people being killed by police. Disproving his point.
    This is outrageous!

14.6%?

Blacks commit far more gun and knife murders than whites on the streets in the UK, which is the point of stop and search anyway.

In the US, blacks killing blacks is tens times more than police killing blacks. This is without factoring in that some of the police killings would be justified.

And some are talking some crap about white privilege. SJWs are sick in the head! It is a mental health issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.olk)
    Not white privilege. Your argument was that whenever someone proposes institutional racism, they have no evidence to support it. Here's your evidence.
    And thank you for proving my point. You would think they commit more crime DUE TO the overrepresentation in prisons, high number of stop and searches etc. All of which are a result of institutional racism.
    No! Blacks commit more crimes due to Police statistics of arrest and charges, and due to court statistics of convictions.

Over-represenation in prisons is the outcome of those aforementioned 2.

Gangster culture, bruv!

ReputationRep:
    This is outrageous!

14.6%?

Blacks commit far more gun and knife murders than whites on the streets in the UK, which is the point of stop and search anyway.

In the US, blacks killing blacks is 100 times more than police killing blacks. This is without factoring in that some of the police killings would be justified.

And some are talking some crap about white privilege.
    Thing is, nobody stated if it was US or UK, there's so many statistics for both countries and we could easily pick out things that show white's are being discriminated against if we wanted to.
    for example: in a document online that shows all of the prisoners by race in the UK
    it has graphs showing that 73% of the prison population is white while 12% is black. this so c l e a r l y shows that whites are the ones being discriminated against.

researchbriefings.files.parliame nt.uk/documents/SN04334/SN04334.pdf here's my source if you peeps dont trust me.

ReputationRep:
    No! Blacks commit more crimes due to Police statistics of arrest and charges, and due to court statistics of convictions.

Over-represenation in prisons is the outcome of those aforementioned 2.

Gangster culture, bruv!
    Heres a fun thing which goes back to the OP's post:
    "black applicants were almost 4 times more likely to be accepted to US medical schools than Asians in that applicant pool (81.2% vs. 20.6%), and 2.8 times more likely than white applicants (81.2% vs. 29.0%). "

sorry for the bold text, its copy pasted.
    I thought of typing this up as I remember watching a thing about a white dude faking being black to get into med school easier. (it's cause they want a diverse class room or something like that) but still, blacks are actually more favoured in getting into medschool than whites and asians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)
    Heres a fun thing which goes back to the OP's post:
    "black applicants were almost 4 times more likely to be accepted to US medical schools than Asians in that applicant pool (81.2% vs. 20.6%), and 2.8 times more likely than white applicants (81.2% vs. 29.0%). "

sorry for the bold text, its copy pasted.
    I thought of typing this up as I remember watching a thing about a white dude faking being black to get into med school easier. (it's cause they want a diverse class room or something like that) but still, blacks are actually more favoured in getting into medschool than whites and asians.
    And statistics by Thomas Sowell, a black professor at Stanford, also shows that black students are also mainly in the lower half of their cohort for academic performance on university courses.

Easier entry despite less grades and history of lower academic perfomance on courses when compared to others from other races.

So much for white privilege. SJWs are mental patients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    What do you think positive discrimination is?
    You must have missed where I said ‘yes I believe minority privilege exists too, but on a smaller scale’

ReputationRep:
    You must have missed where I said ‘yes I believe minority privilege exists too, but on a smaller scale’
    Everyone is privileged then.

Check your everybody privledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Everyone is privileged then.

Check your everybody privledge
    It’s only in certain instances where BME benefit from being the minority, which is why I said ‘on a smaller scale’.
    . Name:  4E0771FF-F196-42B9-830A-540AD98D9E6B.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  139.9 KB
    One could argue that this image on the right portrays positive discrimination: “boohoo, why do they get crates to stand on and I don’t get any?! It’s not my fault I’m tall! I didn’t ask to be tall!” but others will see that it counteracts for the fact that some people (through no fault of their own) have an advantage. Only in this case do the shorter guys have the same advantage as the taller guy. Once they leave the stadium and everybody goes home, they will be disadvantaged again. Do you think that the image on the left is fairer?

You are truly blind if you cannot see that the straight white male is the most privileged individual.

ReputationRep:
    It’s only in certain instances where BME benefit from being the minority, which is why I said ‘on a smaller scale’.
    . Name:  4E0771FF-F196-42B9-830A-540AD98D9E6B.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  139.9 KB
    One could argue that this image on the right portrays positive discrimination: “boohoo, why do they get crates to stand on and I don’t get any?! It’s not my fault I’m tall! I didn’t ask to be tall!” but others will see that it counteracts for the fact that some people (through no fault of their own) have an advantage. Only in this case do the shorter guys have the same advantage as the taller guy. Once they leave the stadium and everybody goes home, they will be disadvantaged again. Do you think that the image on the left is fairer?

You are truly blind if you cannot see that the straight white male is the most privileged individual.
    Yes equal is fair.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...-justification

“The 2011 census indicated that over 40% of Londoners were from BME backgrounds, whilst only 10% of MPS police officers were from BME communities. "These officers disproportionately hug the lower ranks, face significantly slower rates of career progression and are over-represented in disciplinary actions, in comparison to their white counterparts. This current position is unsustainable, as it severely impacts on police legitimacy and more importantly erodes trust and confidence in BME communities."
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...y-racist-black

https://www.runnymedetrust.org/blog/...ealth-services
    What? That's not institutional racism.

Minorities are choosing other careers instead of being a police officer. It isn't the most attractive job in the world compared to medicine or engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaybastone)
    Too bad all those black people wasted their time being slaves instead of becoming successful, aye. Poor planning, really.
    Hmmm slavery in the UK?

Number one. Most Black people in the UK are not descended from slaves.

Secondly, Black people compose 3% of the population and the majority of non-whites are Asian persons.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.