The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calg_
Oh so it is white privilege that leads to those things happening. Not the fact that they disproportionatly commit more crime, no?

I’m sure that if white people were stopped and searched as frequently as BME are, you’d soon see a spike in white criminality. After all, if you don’t search for it, how will you find it?
Reply 101
I blame Tumblr for all of this
Reply 102
Original post by 14102017
facebook.jpg

Sounds like someone is jealous of this persons success so they are putting them down.

White Privilege - the right to remain silent when facing White Genocide.
Original post by cherryred90s
Institutional and systematic racism

What do you think positive discrimination is?
Original post by S.olk
White people DO have an easier time, may not necessarily be your fault but that is the way society is set up. Yes, there are ethnic minorities who do succeed but for the majority, institutional racism get in the way, as well as lack of family connections, poverty etc. The fact that you can't acknowledge that is your privilege in practice.

If my parents and ancestors worked hard to be successful and build a strong nation, then damn ****ing yeah, I should have an easier time.

Or what do you think most parents work hard for? For others children to enjoy the fruits of their labour more than their own children?

If that is the case, then I am going to be pissed that Richard Branson's kids are enjoying more than me. Damn 'Branson Privilege'!
Original post by noey123
Lool wht the actual **** did I just read? White privilege don't exist? Are you ****ing kidding me? I mean are you blind or what? When you see on the news white police officers chasing black or shooting black people can you you honestly say that happens to white people? White people walk down the street freely without being stopped or searched but it happens to black people all the time. Is that not white privilege?

Stop talking crap!

White people get chased and shot by police.

White people are stopped and searched by police.
The origin of these movements like BLM etc is usually founded by intelligence agency mind control projects (mk ultra, monarch among others) and the military security complex and global financiers benefit grateful from the conflict that results from it. Most of the people perpetuating these racial conflicts in the media and on this forum are Zionist aggravators.
Original post by S.olk
I'll give you some.

Black people are 7x more likely to be stopped and searched than white people
Black people are 4x more likely to be imprisoned than white people
Black people make up just over 3% of the UK population but are overrepresented in prison statistics as they make up over 1/4 of the prison population

There you go.

Well and so what?

What makes you think it makes sense to compare those police activities with population statistics instead of crime activity statistics.

Black people commit 70-90% of knife and gun violence despite being only 3% of the population, so what is wrong with Black people are 7x more likely to be stopped and searched than white people?

If a section of society commits more murder or violent crime than others while its population representation is relatively tiny, what is wrong with that population being more likely to be in prison? Or you think innocent white people should be locked up just to balance the statistics?

In the major cities in the UK what proportion of the violent street gangs do you think are non-black?
This is outrageous!

14.6%?

Blacks commit far more gun and knife murders than whites on the streets in the UK, which is the point of stop and search anyway.

In the US, blacks killing blacks is tens times more than police killing blacks. This is without factoring in that some of the police killings would be justified.

And some are talking some crap about white privilege. SJWs are sick in the head! It is a mental health issue.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by S.olk
Not white privilege. Your argument was that whenever someone proposes institutional racism, they have no evidence to support it. Here's your evidence.
And thank you for proving my point. You would think they commit more crime DUE TO the overrepresentation in prisons, high number of stop and searches etc. All of which are a result of institutional racism.

No! Blacks commit more crimes due to Police statistics of arrest and charges, and due to court statistics of convictions.

Over-represenation in prisons is the outcome of those aforementioned 2.

Gangster culture, bruv!
And statistics by Thomas Sowell, a black professor at Stanford, also shows that black students are also mainly in the lower half of their cohort for academic performance on university courses.

Easier entry despite less grades and history of lower academic perfomance on courses when compared to others from other races.

So much for white privilege. SJWs are mental patients.
Original post by paul514
What do you think positive discrimination is?

You must have missed where I said ‘yes I believe minority privilege exists too, but on a smaller scale’
You must have missed where I said ‘yes I believe minority privilege exists too, but on a smaller scale’

Everyone is privileged then.

Check your everybody privledge
Original post by paul514
Everyone is privileged then.

Check your everybody privledge

It’s only in certain instances where BME benefit from being the minority, which is why I said ‘on a smaller scale’.
. 4E0771FF-F196-42B9-830A-540AD98D9E6B.jpeg
One could argue that this image on the right portrays positive discrimination: “boohoo, why do they get crates to stand on and I don’t get any?! It’s not my fault I’m tall! I didn’t ask to be tall!” but others will see that it counteracts for the fact that some people (through no fault of their own) have an advantage. Only in this case do the shorter guys have the same advantage as the taller guy. Once they leave the stadium and everybody goes home, they will be disadvantaged again. Do you think that the image on the left is fairer?

You are truly blind if you cannot see that the straight white male is the most privileged individual.
It’s only in certain instances where BME benefit from being the minority, which is why I said ‘on a smaller scale’.
. 4E0771FF-F196-42B9-830A-540AD98D9E6B.jpeg
One could argue that this image on the right portrays positive discrimination: “boohoo, why do they get crates to stand on and I don’t get any?! It’s not my fault I’m tall! I didn’t ask to be tall!” but others will see that it counteracts for the fact that some people (through no fault of their own) have an advantage. Only in this case do the shorter guys have the same advantage as the taller guy. Once they leave the stadium and everybody goes home, they will be disadvantaged again. Do you think that the image on the left is fairer?

You are truly blind if you cannot see that the straight white male is the most privileged individual.

Yes equal is fair.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/05/met-chief-admits-institutional-racism-claims-have-some-justification

“The 2011 census indicated that over 40% of Londoners were from BME backgrounds, whilst only 10% of MPS police officers were from BME communities. "These officers disproportionately hug the lower ranks, face significantly slower rates of career progression and are over-represented in disciplinary actions, in comparison to their white counterparts. This current position is unsustainable, as it severely impacts on police legitimacy and more importantly erodes trust and confidence in BME communities."
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/21/metropolitan-police-institutionally-racist-black

https://www.runnymedetrust.org/blog/racism-in-the-delivery-of-mentah-health-services

What? That's not institutional racism.

Minorities are choosing other careers instead of being a police officer. It isn't the most attractive job in the world compared to medicine or engineering.
Original post by jaybastone
Too bad all those black people wasted their time being slaves instead of becoming successful, aye. Poor planning, really.

Hmmm slavery in the UK?

Number one. Most Black people in the UK are not descended from slaves.

Secondly, Black people compose 3% of the population and the majority of non-whites are Asian persons.
Original post by lordrohan731
Hmmm slavery in the UK?

Number one. Most Black people in the UK are not descended from slaves.

Secondly, Black people compose 3% of the population and the majority of non-whites are Asian persons.

Not only that but everyone has enslaved everyone else (yep even Africans over English people) and enslaved their own people too.

Besides the point slavery was outlawed almost 2 century ago so unless you’re really really old it doesn’t affect your opportunities. If you are that old then give the world book of records a call
Original post by lordrohan731
What? That's not institutional racism.

Minorities are choosing other careers instead of being a police officer. It isn't the most attractive job in the world compared to medicine or engineering.

If this is all you got the from the links I posted then I really have nothing to say to you. I can’t believe the people on this thread are so blind
Institutional and systematic racism

I’ve never experienced any of this.

Latest

Trending

Trending