Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m considering law degree and discovered that a LNAT test is required. How difficult is it seems as most is multiple choice and I’m not that great at essay writing and the practice questions I’ve seen I don’t know about so some of them I couldn’t even write anything. I’m in year 12 so when would I have to do the test?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I did my LNAT 2 days ago, you have to take it the same year that you're applying to unis so I assume year 13 for you. Only certain unis require LNAT so you don't have to take it but the essay questions aren't as bad as they seem as you sort of think of ideas on the day at least that's what I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryGuy1998)
    I did my LNAT 2 days ago, you have to take it the same year that you're applying to unis so I assume year 13 for you. Only certain unis require LNAT so you don't have to take it but the essay questions aren't as bad as they seem as you sort of think of ideas on the day at least that's what I did
    Yeah but don’t they give you the topic to write about? It could be something I don’t know much about. How are the multiple choice questions?

ReputationRep:
    If you ain't good with essay questions then a Law degree is definitely not for you haha! As a student of the Law you have to have excellent written communication skills so an LNAT should not be a challenge if you would make an excellent student of the Law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonoMikey)
    If you ain't good with essay questions then a Law degree is definitely not for you haha! As a student of the Law you have to have excellent written communication skills so an LNAT should not be a challenge if you would make an excellent student of the Law.
    Yeah well I got good grades in English GCSE I just think I could improve and don’t know how. The biggest worry is what to write about because they give you 3 options and you may not know about the topics provided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Yeah well I got good grades in English GCSE I just think I could improve and don’t know how. The biggest worry is what to write about because they give you 3 options and you may not know about the topics provided
    Doing an essay subject such as Psychology can help you prepare for such situations... There are books out there which teach you how to write good essays or how to approach an essay question, so I would recommend reading those to start off with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Yeah but don’t they give you the topic to write about? It could be something I don’t know much about. How are the multiple choice questions?
    Do some reading around Law and current affairs...I had no clue about 2 of the essay questions provided but the last 1 I found great, studying a level government and politics definitely helped for me aswell. You have plenty of time to prepare, look at past questions and use common sense on the day to come up with arguments

ReputationRep:
    Hey good luck with your LNAT everyone, i have been practicing the MCQs and i just keep getting stuff wrong like i manage a 20 type do i just keep practicing or what do i do to improve my score?

ReputationRep:
    Just keep practicing your MCQ, when the day comes you'll be fine- I was worried too but when the day came, it was fine. Time management is a hugeeee factor though!

I just researched about human rights, ECHR, etc. and was lucky enough to have an essay question on that. You'll just have to be prepared for whatever you get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryGuy1998)
    Do some reading around Law and current affairs...I had no clue about 2 of the essay questions provided but the last 1 I found great, studying a level government and politics definitely helped for me aswell. You have plenty of time to prepare, look at past questions and use common sense on the day to come up with arguments
    Hey what questions did you get? If you can remember haha. I'm sitting it in a couple of weeks :/ also did you find the practice tests on the LNAT website easier than the real thing??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.