Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabz152)
    To everyone saying that physics is really hard, like is it actually really that bad? I sort of wanna do it for a level and I'm hopefully aiming to get 7/8 at GCSE for it and hopefully about 7 in Maths or 8 if I try really, really hard. Does physics involve lots of Maths and with my predicted GCSE grades do you think I'll be able to cope? Thanks x
    So far, on this forum and in my college, I’ve seen that the ones who struggle the most are the ones who picked it just for the maths and those who don’t actually like it that much and just chose it to help with their degree
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    Maths for me. But all my alevels are hard. Physics, maths, chem and geology. 😣
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have just read the replies and I am a bit astonished that so many (former) students say chemistry. In comparison to the other sciences at this level, it as the easiest.

(Original post by artful_lounger)
    x
    (Original post by NathCave)
    x
    (Original post by Nikey)
    x
    That is right. You guys are all right with your views.

ReputationRep:
    In some cases in physics you will need some higher understanding of maths. I got a 7 in Maths and a B (6) in physics, and I was able to pass my first assessment point test. The best thing to go whilst studying A levels is to continuously revise each topics within the subjects so that you can recall information later. If you are predicted those grades by the end of your Gcse's then I am sure that you are clever enough. So long as you know the best way, for yourself, to learn, then you will be fine. I hope this helps.
    (Original post by Sabz152)
    To everyone saying that physics is really hard, like is it actually really that bad? I sort of wanna do it for a level and I'm hopefully aiming to get 7/8 at GCSE for it and hopefully about 7 in Maths or 8 if I try really, really hard. Does physics involve lots of Maths and with my predicted GCSE grades do you think I'll be able to cope? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANON xx)
    what did u get and can u help me out - doing ocr and it aint going too well
    Got an A on my first two papers but flopped the third paper and got a low C dragging my overall grade to a high B.

In terms of advice, the best way to improve is to consistently practice questions, use this website to practice topic specific questions and past papers.

Understand content rather than memorizing it. When you're revising, make sure you know what's going on by perhaps teaching what you've learnt to a sibling or recording yourself. Also, pester your teachers at any and every opportunity to help you with something you don't understand.

Finally, start revising now. Not for your next mock, or subject test, but for June 2018. A half hour a day or something during your free periods etc going over AS material is crucial. I kinda crammed my final paper because I spent most of my frees playing fifa when gentle AS revision from September/October would have put me in a better position.

Make sure you know all of your equations off of the top of your head, all of your bonding angles, shapes, transition metal colours (when you get to it) etc and just practice brother.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.