The Student Room Group

KCL vs Southampton

Which is considered more prestigious and which is better in terms of their computer science departments for postgrad? If anyone could tell me the pros and cons of each that would be great!! (International student asking)
Reply 1
Bump^
I'm more aware of Southampton for CS specifically - as it's one of their premier departments, alongside SOES and Engineering. KCL is good on the whole however, so it depends somewhat on your long term goals.

I'm somewhat inclined to suggest if you want to pursue CS related industry careers (e.g. development, software engineering, systems engineering) Southampton may be slightly better due to the greater scope for fundamental engineering content and extensive programming and software engineering options. If you just want to go into Banking, KCL is probably the better option. Either would be suitable for pursuing higher academia, although depending on your area of interest one may be better than the other - take a look at their research pages to see what areas they each focus on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending