Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had picked biology,chemistry and maths.I did further maths for the first week but then dropped it in the fear that it will become too much and I will eventually drop it and there being no AS would mean that I would have wasted my time doing it.My plan is to do medicine I did work experience in a hospital I did not enjoy it as much as I hoped (I did it in haematology).I am going to hopefully do more work experience .I feel uncertainty about medicine as I am terrified of death but then a part of me loves the idea of becoming a doctor as it is not only rewarding but the only career which is certain and I could have patient contact in and speak and comfort patients.I am learning Mandarin I quite like Mandarin I thought of doing it at university but I have no language a level and I would probably be rejected right away by top universities.

Maybe having doubts about medicine is a good thing as it shows I am clearly evalutating my options.I mean medicine is not a 9 to 5 job it is a life in some aspects I still want to be a doctor but I am having slight doubts.I will do more work experience to make my final decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had picked biology,chemistry and maths.I did further maths for the first week but then dropped it in the fear that it will become too much and I will eventually drop it and there being no AS would mean that I would have wasted my time doing it.My plan is to do medicine I did work experience in a hospital I did not enjoy it as much as I hoped (I did it in haematology).I am going to hopefully do more work experience .I feel uncertainty about medicine as I am terrified of death but then a part of me loves the idea of becoming a doctor as it is not only rewarding but the only career which is certain and I could have patient contact in and speak and comfort patients.I am learning Mandarin I quite like Mandarin I thought of doing it at university but I have no language a level and I would probably be rejected right away by top universities.

Maybe having doubts about medicine is a good thing as it shows I am clearly evalutating my options.I mean medicine is not a 9 to 5 job it is a life in some aspects I still want to be a doctor but I am having slight doubts.I will do more work experience to make my final decision.
    seems like u know what ur doing. remember medicine isn't the only option for u

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.