Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been given predicted grades of ABB and although the requirements state AAA the UCAS offer calculator said I still have a good chance of getting an offer, I do have very relevent work experience and a solid personal statement but any advice on whether to bother applying would be great.

ReputationRep:
    you could try the partners scheme but even then i think the reduced offer would be AAB
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Its still worth a shot to apply there... You never know what the offer will be. I saw someone on TSR who applied to Exeter which requires AAA and they gave him an offer of BBB?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonoMikey)
    Its still worth a shot to apply there... You never know what the offer will be. I saw someone on TSR who applied to Exeter which requires AAA and they gave him an offer of BBB?!
    This was me, however i am predicted an A*AA and come from an area where not a lot of people go to uni which they said helped. I could be way off on this but its possible they thought i was applying to more prestigious unis than them -which i am- and wanted to ensure that i put them down as insurance, which tbf to them, i have
    They also said I had a very strong personal statement which obviously helped

Saying that, to the original poster, go for it and apply, you never know what will happen
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jordsax19)
    I have been given predicted grades of ABB and although the requirements state AAA the UCAS offer calculator said I still have a good chance of getting an offer, I do have very relevent work experience and a solid personal statement but any advice on whether to bother applying would be great.
    Hi jordsax19,

We've checked with our Law school admissions team for you and unfortunately UCAS must be playing up as they have advised they wouldn't consider applications lower than AAB.

Hope this helps,

Susie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.