Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys! I'm currently facing a dilemma regarding my university choice. I will apply in a week to 5 universities here, in uk, and I'm not quite sure which to choose.
    I can not decide between Lancaster and Birmingham for my first choice. I have to mention that I'm going for business and management studies.
    If you could give me some solutions it will be great.

ReputationRep:
    If you put Birmingham as your insurance and want accommodation in halls the first year, watch out! You will get the impression all year that all is fine, then probably not get offered anything, or (almost worse) get offered something two weeks before term begins. This is what happened to my daughter this year and it was only after calling them and screaming my head off that they came up with a room in an expensive private hall two miles from campus. She is really happy there thank goodness but they seriously could not have cared less about finding something for her. It was just our tough luck because we 'weren't part of their guarantee scheme'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.