Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got similar results but a C in art , will that ruin my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShikaMekiFuka)
    Got similar results but a C in art , will that ruin my chances?
    From the feedback of my results I highly doubt it, just ace your AS and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    No, the website says that any prior knowledge is not necesarry but say maths and further maths (for 2019 entry) is necessary with physics being desired,
    You only need Further Maths if you're doing Computer Science with Maths (for 2019+ entry), for normal Computer Science you only need Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xezient)
    You only need Further Maths if you're doing Computer Science with Maths (for 2019+ entry), for normal Computer Science you only need Maths.
    'For 2019 entry, A Level Further Mathematics will be an essential entry requirement for Computer Science with Mathematics.' Pretty sure you need maths as well since it says 'with mathematics' and even if you didnt need it, you cant do further maths without doing normal maths anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    Although just so you know he did apply to oxford and didnt get in because apparently he didnt have CS a level and you needed it. so you should really look into it first
    You don't need CS A Level for Oxford. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Gavin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavinlowe)
    You don't need CS A Level for Oxford. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Gavin
    Not sure then tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    'For 2019 entry, A Level Further Mathematics will be an essential entry requirement for Computer Science with Mathematics.' Pretty sure you need maths as well since it says 'with mathematics' and even if you didnt need it, you cant do further maths without doing normal maths anyway :P
    Yeah obviously...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    That C in French has ruined your chances
    A C in French has not ruined your chances On our Cambridge Trip and mock interviews (those who are likely to be the strongest candidates for Oxbridge are asked to go once a year at our school) and they said GCSEs aren't actually that important of a factor. It's how well you do in your exam they give you, in your interview and in your A-Levels. GCSEs are really only taken into account in a make or break situation so don't let one lower grade (in a subject you don't need for your degree, so they don't even really care about it) scare you. In the end they just want to see a mostly balanced set of grades for GCSE. Just try your hardest in your A-Levels and your interview and maybe take some extra curricular to show you're passionate about the course you want to take and best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.