Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First term into year 10 and I really want a career in computing, according to my teacher I’m doing really well I’m just not satisfied with my grade (6) any tips of how I can improve? Right now we’re doing embedded systems and hardware. I’m aiming for a level 8 when I finish my exams.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would look at the specification. Go to your exam board's website which should have the specification. If you don't know what you're exam board is I would try to find out by asking your teacher. Write notes on all the points on the specification and make sure there are no gaps in any areas. I wish I had done this at GCSE but I am doing this for my A Level and I'm finding it useful.

You can also look on youtube for video clips that go through the spec. If you're exam board is OCR I would recommend CraignDave.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Computer Science at A Level as recently, I've gained an interest for the subject; I'm year 11, doing mocks in about a month. I hardly did any work the first year as I wasn't interested in it whatsoever, and ended up getting a grade 4 in the year 10 exam. In the summer afterwards, I used a textbook to go through everything we did last year, and that really helped me. In a class test a few weeks ago, I did better(grade 7) and am aiming for a grade 8 in the mock exam, as you are for your final exam.

To cut a long story short, I suggest buying a revision guide/textbook to revise what you do in class when you go home from school, to ensure you understand the content. I did this by making key notes from a textbook, which seemed to help me but I don't know what will help you, just do whatever helps you remember and understand the content most. Also, youtube tutorials on topics may be helpful.

As for the programming side, the best solution is watching youtube tutorials( I use sentdex).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.