Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m an international student who has offers from LSE and RHUL for Management. I’ve got others but I chose this two. I still can’t decide the university.

The reason to choose LSE is better réputation only for me. I prefer RHUL business course, and the campus as well. LSE Management is full of math and economics, therefore I think I won’t enjoy that.

Could you give me advices for that please ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilytheuk)
    I’m an international student who has offers from LSE and RHUL for Management. I’ve got others but I chose this two. I still can’t decide the university.

The reason to choose LSE is better réputation only for me. I prefer RHUL business course, and the campus as well. LSE Management is full of math and economics, therefore I think I won’t enjoy that.

There is probably a fair gulf in employment prospects between the two; I'd seriously consider LSE again, but if you can't seem to have a liking to it, then maybe choose RHUL, if that's what will make you happy.

ReputationRep:
    RHUL you said it yourself

ReputationRep:
    I’m not sure about that, in the uk 100% but in my country probably “University of London” are all same. And is Royal Holloway recognised bad university in the uk ?

(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    There is probably a fair gulf in employment prospects between the two; I'd seriously consider LSE again, but if you can't seem to have a liking to it, then maybe choose RHUL, if that's what will make you happy.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, if I should choose by course or reputation

(Original post by Jigsaws mum)
    RHUL you said it yourself

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, if I should choose by course or reputation
    If you choose reputation you wont like the course like you said.
    On the otherhand you will like the course at RHUL even of they got less of a rep

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I wonder if I should go to LSE even I don’t like the course structure or not.

(Original post by Jigsaws mum)
    If you choose reputation you wont like the course like you said.
    On the otherhand you will like the course at RHUL even of they got less of a red

ReputationRep:
    I’m not sure about that, in the uk 100% but in my country probably “University of London” are all same. And is Royal Holloway recognised bad university in the uk ?
    No, it's a good university; it's just LSE is seen as one of the best.

ReputationRep:

LSE is far better than RHUL and it's management course is world class. It's not about whether you'll 'enjoy' the course, it's about whether it will give you the opportunities to succeed long term and find a job you'll enjoy. RHUL's course might be more enjoyable but it'll never carry the same reputation. I know people who've chosen worse units over good ones and they enjoy it at first but mostly they begin to regret it later on.

ReputationRep:

Where are you from, originally? I know very few countries where the "University of London" is a thing, particularly since all the colleges got their own degree awarding powers. It's usually the individual brand names carrying it forwards (e.g. King's, LSE, Imperial, etc). The other constituent universities (SOAS, LSHTM, UAL, UWE, UEL, even City) are just left out of the picture. They're either too **** in terms of their student intake, or don't have good 'street' rep.

Honestly, this is a classic case of being happier with the course vs better long-term connections and employment prospects. Are you willing to sacrifice part of your enthusiasm for that? That's up to you (I most definitely would, you might end up enjoying the modules more than you think).

ReputationRep:

I don't think it's worth spending international tuition fees to go to a university which has no reputation internationally. And LSE's management course (and the quantitative and economics modules especially) is highly rated, and many management graduates end up in graduate jobs in banking, finance, management consulting, civil service, etc... many of these employers are selective when it comes to university reputation and don't often hold networking events at RHUL. If it was a choice between LSE and UCL/KCL/Warwick I'd say there's not much of a difference, but the difference between LSE and RHUL is far bigger.

LSE doesn't just give BSc management offers to anyone, it's selective and if you are good enough to get an offer I feel like you'd be wasting your talent by going to RHUL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    No, it's a good university; it's just LSE is seen as one of the best.
    Okay thank you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    LSE is far better than RHUL and it's management course is world class. It's not about whether you'll 'enjoy' the course, it's about whether it will give you the opportunities to succeed long term and find a job you'll enjoy. RHUL's course might be more enjoyable but it'll never carry the same reputation. I know people who've chosen worse units over good ones and they enjoy it at first but mostly they begin to regret it later on.

Oh, okay. But I feel like LSE’s Course is too difficult for me ? I’m scared if I get third or fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    Where are you from, originally? I know very few countries where the "University of London" is a thing, particularly since all the colleges got their own degree awarding powers. It's usually the individual brand names carrying it forwards (e.g. King's, LSE, Imperial, etc). The other constituent universities (SOAS, LSHTM, UAL, UWE, UEL, even City) are just left out of the picture. They're either too **** in terms of their student intake, or don't have good 'street' rep.

Honestly, this is a classic case of being happier with the course vs better long-term connections and employment prospects. Are you willing to sacrifice part of your enthusiasm for that? That's up to you (I most definitely would, you might end up enjoying the modules more than you think).

I’m from South Korea, but I want to work in japan. And either japan or South Korea all University Of London are same and in our country we never put University name on the business card either.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, okay. But I feel like LSE’s Course is too difficult for me ? I’m scared if I get third or fail.
    If they have given you an offer it's because they have determined from your previous academic results, teacher references and personal statements that you will do well on the course. Very few people drop out or get a third and if you are prepared to work hard you should do well. Btw management at lse is one of their easiest degrees compared to economics/maths/accounting and fin ana economics/ finance and it carries the same level of prestige and opportunities due to the LSE name.

ReputationRep:
    I’m from South Korea, but I want to work in japan. And either japan or South Korea all University Of London are same and in our country we never put University name on the business card either.
    That's a bit odd - I've heard a lot of things to the contrary about Japanese people and their perceptions of prestige, but whatever.

Honestly, LSE offers you so much more in terms of career advancement opportunities that it's worth going there irrespective of the brand name. The reputation is just a cherry on top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarhanHalim)
    If they have given you an offer it's because they have determined from your previous academic results, teacher references and personal statements that you will do well on the course. Very few people drop out or get a third and if you are prepared to work hard you should do well. Btw management at lse is one of their easiest degrees compared to economics/maths/accounting and fin ana economics/ finance and it carries the same level of prestige and opportunities due to the LSE name.
    Oh I didn’t know that, but management department has to take modules from Math and economics department ? And I took gap year so I don’t remember math at all, that is the most anxious point for me for the study.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I didn’t know that, but management department has to take modules from Math and economics department ? And I took gap year so I don’t remember math at all, that is the most anxious point for me for the study.
    Yes they do but the mathematics modules in management (quantitative methods and statistical methods) are not as hard as the maths modules that economics and maths students take (Mathematical methods and elementary statistical theory), its suitable for people who haven't even done A Level maths or economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I don't think it's worth spending international tuition fees to go to a university which has no reputation internationally. And LSE's management course (and the quantitative and economics modules especially) is highly rated, and many management graduates end up in graduate jobs in banking, finance, management consulting, civil service, etc... many of these employers are selective when it comes to university reputation and don't often hold networking events at RHUL. If it was a choice between LSE and UCL/KCL/Warwick I'd say there's not much of a difference, but the difference between LSE and RHUL is far bigger.

LSE doesn't just give BSc management offers to anyone, it's selective and if you are good enough to get an offer I feel like you'd be wasting your talent by going to RHUL.

Maybe you’re right, but I feel like I can’t catch up the level also I’m not native English speaker then it’ll be harder than other English speaker. What about going LSE for Master ? In the uk bachelor degree is more important than master ?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you’re right, but I feel like I can’t catch up the level also I’m not native English speaker then it’ll be harder than other English speaker. What about going LSE for Master ? In the uk bachelor degree is more important than master ?
    Half the people at LSE aren't native English speakers, some aren't even very fluent. The lecturers don't use particularly difficult English. If you're good enough to get an offer, you're probably good enough to succeed at the degree if you work hard. The bachelor degree is more important here, yeah, and LSE's Masters degrees in management and related fields are very, very hard to get into and they don't really take in many people from universities like RHUL. Going to lse for your masters is difficult.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.