Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I've never asked a question here, so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm a second-year student studying for a BSc (Hons) Economics from Warwick. I'm asking if anyone can help me assess my chances of getting into the LSE EME course. I am still in my second year so I can only deal in hypotheticals right now.

I received pretty good grades in year 1 and an award as one of the top performing economics students. For detail, my quant courses were: 90% Calc. , 73% Stats., 96% Lin. Algebra.

For this year, I'm taking both Mathematical Economics 1A & 1B, as well as Econometrics 1. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get about 80-85% in all.

I'm also working on a research paper with a Prof. (Idk if this makes a difference)

If I can keep getting the same-ish grades for this year and next, and hopefully the award again, what do you guys think my chances of getting into EME would be like? I've just been reading that unless you're studying maths you can basically forget about it.

Grateful for any responses,

Cheers.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ObiWan_98)
    Hello everyone,

I've never asked a question here, so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm a second-year student studying for a BSc (Hons) Economics from Warwick. I'm asking if anyone can help me assess my chances of getting into the LSE EME course. I am still in my second year so I can only deal in hypotheticals right now.

I received pretty good grades in year 1 and an award as one of the top performing economics students. For detail, my quant courses were: 90% Calc. , 73% Stats., 96% Lin. Algebra.

For this year, I'm taking both Mathematical Economics 1A & 1B, as well as Econometrics 1. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get about 80-85% in all.

I'm also working on a research paper with a Prof. (Idk if this makes a difference)

If I can keep getting the same-ish grades for this year and next, and hopefully the award again, what do you guys think my chances of getting into EME would be like? I've just been reading that unless you're studying maths you can basically forget about it.

Grateful for any responses,

Cheers.
    The entry requirements are usually 2.1 so if you get that and have an otherwise strong application i.e refs and personal statement you should be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.