Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my ex split up nearly a year ago on reasonably good terms cause he didn't want to do long distance (going to be in different countries). We're both back home now for good and he's saying he wants to give things another shot but I don't know what to do.
    I thought it was over him but now we're back home I've been thinking about him a lot and I'm definitely not over him. I miss being in a relationship with him and the romantic side of things but I can't imagine having sex with him- I can't imagine it exciting me as much.
    Maybe things would be different in the actual moment but I don't know whether to risk giving things another go and then it not working out and going through heartbreak again. or just to keep moving forward and hope one day I'll get over him
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, no harm on giving it a go, if things don’t work out and your both good people then you’ll still be on good terms.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my ex split up nearly a year ago on reasonably good terms cause he didn't want to do long distance (going to be in different countries). We're both back home now for good and he's saying he wants to give things another shot but I don't know what to do.
    I thought it was over him but now we're back home I've been thinking about him a lot and I'm definitely not over him. I miss being in a relationship with him and the romantic side of things but I can't imagine having sex with him- I can't imagine it exciting me as much.
    Maybe things would be different in the actual moment but I don't know whether to risk giving things another go and then it not working out and going through heartbreak again. or just to keep moving forward and hope one day I'll get over him
    What do you think?
    At the end of the day you can always give things another go, but just remember an ex is an ex for a reason

ReputationRep:
    If you both still have feelings for each other, why not meet up for a date and discuss things? The time is right, you just need to see if the connection is still there.

ReputationRep:
    So your not sexually attracted to him?
    How's that a relationship?

(Original post by Jigsaws mum)
    So your not sexually attracted to him?
    How's that a relationship?
    Well I guess cause it's been so long now and I've had to change my perception of him. I think it would feel strange to be in that vulnerable position of being naked and intimate again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.