Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some of you may have heard the utter terror that many students have been through while attending SAE Institute in London. Here's another story.

I handed my dissertation in at the end of August this year, and I still haven't had my results. No word of when, how long, or even why it's taking forever. Just one vague email saying 'we've had some unexpected difficulties'.

Over the course of my two year degree, we lost all 4 lecturers. Two of them left to move on to better things and I understand that people do move on, and I feel lucky to have been taught by them. But having 4 lecturers leave, we gained 2 new.

We were never taught what was on our module outcomes. We would turn up and be told our lectures were cancelled. We would arrive, have 20 minutes with our lecturer and then be send home. The two lecturers who left for better things came in on their own watch without being paid to teach us, because they knew we weren't getting what we had paid for.

We were promised things, physical and teaching wise, which we were never given. When we questioned these things, we were brushed off and forgotten about. It would take weeks for our work to be marked. One month, we had no lectures. Not a word of where our timetable was. We missed out on a whole month, even more. I commuted to uni, and I didn't get on a single train for a month but I still paid the £9000 a year (else they'd block us from the building).

We exhausted ourselves trying to reach out to different people to complain and sort things out, but we weren't taken seriously and we were dodged about so the university wouldn't have to make it official. We couldn't go externally to someone as we had to 'exhaust internal services' and provide them with official documents. The official documents were never given to us by the university, therefore we were going round in circles.

I regret going to that university and believing in it so much. If it weren't for the people and the things I learnt from those two understanding lecturers, I would have wasted two years of my life and thousands in pounds. It definitely wasn't worth it financially.

Now I'm waiting for my degree, and two months after the deadline I still haven't got my results or had a word of when I will.

They say they are changing the university to make it better, but please take into consideration all of the bad reviews from students. Listen to students, ask questions and really look into the uni. People on my course are losing jobs and MA placements because they don't have their degree results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.