The Student Room Group

Childcare

My childcare Grant form was recieved six weeks ago but was only sent to the dependants team two days ago. The advisor told me this was a miss communication error and could only apologise but will now take another 21 working days for my application to be assessed. I cannot attend uni until my baby is in nursery which I cannot do until I have my finance. How are student finance allowed to make such an error and then say there is nothing they can do to speed things up. I am left with very few options apart from dropping out because of the amount of time I have missed and still another month I will probably have to wait. I have had wrong advice time and time again. I started my application on 3 August how can sfe make such a mistake but I am paying for it.
Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience your having with this.

There are a number of options that we have, if you call our complaints line 0300 100 0601 the advisor will be able to give you guidance on how to escalate this, advise them you have discussed this with the Social Media Team Manager on The Student Room forums, if they are unable to look into any options for you, please ask to speak to a manager.

Regards,

Gerard Harkin
Original post by Gerard SFE
Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience your having with this.

There are a number of options that we have, if you call our complaints line 0300 100 0601 the advisor will be able to give you guidance on how to escalate this, advise them you have discussed this with the Social Media Team Manager on The Student Room forums, if they are unable to look into any options for you, please ask to speak to a manager.

Regards,

Gerard Harkin

Hi Gerad,
Thank you for your advice and did as you suggested and they have escalated to the highest level and I have been assured my application will now be processed within the next two working days
Mel
Hi,

I'm glad to hear that they dealt with it for you, hopefully as a result of this they will process your claim for childcare funding, please let us know when you receive a response and if it has been resolved for you.

Thanks,

Gerard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending