Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My childcare Grant form was recieved six weeks ago but was only sent to the dependants team two days ago. The advisor told me this was a miss communication error and could only apologise but will now take another 21 working days for my application to be assessed. I cannot attend uni until my baby is in nursery which I cannot do until I have my finance. How are student finance allowed to make such an error and then say there is nothing they can do to speed things up. I am left with very few options apart from dropping out because of the amount of time I have missed and still another month I will probably have to wait. I have had wrong advice time and time again. I started my application on 3 August how can sfe make such a mistake but I am paying for it.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience your having with this.

There are a number of options that we have, if you call our complaints line 0300 100 0601 the advisor will be able to give you guidance on how to escalate this, advise them you have discussed this with the Social Media Team Manager on The Student Room forums, if they are unable to look into any options for you, please ask to speak to a manager.

Regards,

Gerard Harkin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerard SFE)
    Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience your having with this.

There are a number of options that we have, if you call our complaints line 0300 100 0601 the advisor will be able to give you guidance on how to escalate this, advise them you have discussed this with the Social Media Team Manager on The Student Room forums, if they are unable to look into any options for you, please ask to speak to a manager.

Regards,

Gerard Harkin
    Hi Gerad,
    Thank you for your advice and did as you suggested and they have escalated to the highest level and I have been assured my application will now be processed within the next two working days
    Mel
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

I'm glad to hear that they dealt with it for you, hopefully as a result of this they will process your claim for childcare funding, please let us know when you receive a response and if it has been resolved for you.

Thanks,

Gerard.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.