Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gap year volunteering/jobs related to languages? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I plan on taking a gap year when I apply to uni since i'll only be 17. I want to do joint honours in Spanish and Politics, so I'd like to spend my gap year adding to my knowledge of those two subjects. Politics is fine, as I keep up with politics out of interest anyway and help out with local politics. But I'd like some sort of work with languages in Scotland or volunteering in a Spanish speaking country. Any ideas that would be fine with a 17 year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linguistics02)
    I plan on taking a gap year when I apply to uni since i'll only be 17. I want to do joint honours in Spanish and Politics, so I'd like to spend my gap year adding to my knowledge of those two subjects. Politics is fine, as I keep up with politics out of interest anyway and help out with local politics. But I'd like some sort of work with languages in Scotland or volunteering in a Spanish speaking country. Any ideas that would be fine with a 17 year old?
    you could tutor kids doing gcse spanish

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think of that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money you can try and find a language centre in a spanish speaking country to do a course there ! Or you may be able to find somewhere abroad where you can teach english and in return get taught spanish.

ReputationRep:
    If you are thinking of going down the teaching route and you like kids, you could apply to do some au pair work!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.