Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I applied for Children's nursing at Salford uni last week and got a conformation email yesterday saying i have an interview in a couple of weeks 😓 I have applied for Sept intake. It's happend really fast I honestly didn't think I would even be considered... so now I'm panicking about the interview. Maths is not a strong point, made worse by the fact I panic when I have to do a maths test and my head turns to mush. So has anyone recently done this interview and can give me any advice/ tips on what kind of questions are asked and what the maths test consists of please? So i can prepare myself
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Emreegs12)
    Hi I applied for Children's nursing at Salford uni last week and got a conformation email yesterday saying i have an interview in a couple of weeks 😓 I have applied for Sept intake. It's happend really fast I honestly didn't think I would even be considered... so now I'm panicking about the interview. Maths is not a strong point, made worse by the fact I panic when I have to do a maths test and my head turns to mush. So has anyone recently done this interview and can give me any advice/ tips on what kind of questions are asked and what the maths test consists of please? So i can prepare myself
    Hi there, unfortunately we don't allow any specific discussion of interview details or questions as it undermines the admissions process and can give people an unfair advantage.

Generally, you will be tested on your basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills. You may be allowed a calculator for some questions, but it would be best to assume you won't be allowed one. You may also need to do some conversions between fractions, decimals and percentages and conversions between units (e.g. ml to L). They are all pretty basic maths skills and are generally around a KS3 level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.