Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m in Y11 and we switched to the AQA GSCE this year. Obviously the speaking is more spontaneous as is the writing. I’m really struggling for the best ways to revise? I already have typed up all the vocab from the spec onto Quizlet.
    Any ideas?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyEH)
    I’m in Y11 and we switched to the AQA GSCE this year. Obviously the speaking is more spontaneous as is the writing. I’m really struggling for the best ways to revise? I already have typed up all the vocab from the spec onto Quizlet.
    Any ideas?
    For speaking, a good thing to do is to memorise some phrases that you can throw in and adapt to lots of topics or situations if you find yourself stuttering trying to think of the next sentence. Try and do this for each tense, ich werde, ich würde, ich würde ge... haben, ich habe ge...., ich spielte etc. This also works for writing.

For vocab, memrise and quizlet are the best things imo, especially memrise as you will repeat words over and over, which becomes boring but they do sink in. Testing yourself on vocab every week to make sure you remembered the stuff you learnt. Also, duolingo is helpful to remind you of the basics: word order, correct verb endings etc.

Hearing German being spoken is also useful, this will help all areas of your German but is of course helpful for the listening section. You can use clips of German listening exams from any exam board - they will all help, and also YouTube has endless amounts of German listening exercises. Hope that helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.