Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A few weeks ago I was meant to go and stay with my friend who lives in another city so we don't see each other much - we're good friends but not super close best friends.

A few days before I was meant to go up she text me to say she had broken up with her bf so probably not a good idea for me to come. That was fine so I didn't go up then. We had arranged for her to stay at mine last weekend and then a few days before she texted me to say she wasn't sure she was up to it as she was feeling a bit under the weather and would let me know - again no problem. I didn't push it as I didn't want to pester her so left it - I hadn't heard by the Friday morning so assumed it was off and made other plans. Then a few hours later she asked if it was still ok for her to come to mine that night - in my eyes she had implied she wasn't coming down so had to cancel. It's been a week and she hasn't texted me even though I've apologised - I feel bad as really feel like I should have cancelled my other plans to put her first especially as she has been through a lot this month. I feel so guilty about this.

ReputationRep:
    Dog her and dump her

ReputationRep:
    If there was the possibility that she may have come to visit you, then you should have kept that Friday free. However, she did say that she would let you know, and she did so a little late. I don't think it is something that you should fall out over. Give her a phone call or arrange to visit her, she still needs a friend

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.