Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So basically I've been with a few guys but I've never let either of them finger me or have sex with me but last week I met this guy and I agreed to see where things go.
    He managed to get one finger in and it didn't feel that great?? It was kinda uncomfortable but I was definitely wet enough and he used lube?? Anyway afterwards I realised that I'd bled a little so does that mean that my hymen is broken so it shouldn't hurt when I eventually have sex?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically I've been with a few guys but I've never let either of them finger me or have sex with me but last week I met this guy and I agreed to see where things go.
    He managed to get one finger in and it didn't feel that great?? It was kinda uncomfortable but I was definitely wet enough and he used lube?? Anyway afterwards I realised that I'd bled a little so does that mean that my hymen is broken so it shouldn't hurt when I eventually have sex?
    The hymen isn't a perfect seal and it gets "damaged" by all sorts of things including just doing the splits. Something up there like a finger may also cause damage or "break" it, but it's not like an on/ off switch where if it's broken it's totally broken and that's that. Even if your hymen did "break" there may still be more left to break again.

Some bleeding with your first time having anything up there is totally normal and it can also happen at later times too if you get a little scratched or something. So that bleeding should be totally fine, especially if you're not having any pain or anything.

As for what it means later on, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't have pain. You might not get the pain that you could get from the hymen breaking or being damaged, but that's not the only thing that can make sex painful.
    i Don't want to go into too much detail here cos eww, but it's a big thing going into a small hole and that can cause pain, especially on your first time. It shouldn't be an issue once you get into he swing of things, but when you're getting used to all of it you might get pain. You can also get pain further in from your insides being poked. Again, you should get used to that and work out when it does and doesn't happen when you get more used to being intimate.

If you're not in a great position, you're tensing up too much or whatever you might experience pain and that can happen even after hundreds of times. It's like if you take one massive dump you're not immune forever and a bad curry can still mess you up.
    Doesn't guarantee you will or won't have pain, just means there's always a chance. Basically just be ready for the fact you might have pain and if you do, take it easy or change things up a little. Don't be terrified of the possibility of pain either though.

I hope that makes sense and helps a bit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.