Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Traveling before university mocks Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    A friend of mine's birthday is just a few days before the mocks, and I was thinking of traveling to Amsterdam just for a night or two to visit her. Would it be too much of a problem for my mock exams? Like, are they very hard or would it be okay if I jumped a few days of studying? I'm a first-year undergraduate.

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugocasalgado)
    Hi!
    A friend of mine's birthday is just a few days before the mocks, and I was thinking of traveling to Amsterdam just for a night or two to visit her. Would it be too much of a problem for my mock exams? Like, are they very hard or would it be okay if I jumped a few days of studying? I'm a first-year undergraduate.

Thank you in advance
    This is something only you can answer. Only you know how much you need to study before you are confident enough to sit the exams. Content, style and hardness varies massively by uni and course so only someone whose done the first year of your course at your uni could tell you how hard they are. And even then different people have different ideas of whats hard or not. Also are you sure they are mocks? Aside from Oxbridge at most universities first year exams count towards first year results (whilst first year results don't normally count towards the final grade, they do still appear on a transcript).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugocasalgado)
    Hi!

Thank you in advance
    It is your choice.

TSR cannot just smake decisions for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.