Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should sale of the EU flag be banned in Britain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Should shops and websites that sell the EU flag and EU stickers be banned from doing so because it's seen as anti-British?

Also should schools be banned from display of EU flag?
    I know a secondary school where the EU flag is still (as of October 2017) displayed in the main corridor, this is wrong as it encourages children into bad political habits and as such the headteacher should be fined or sacked, and banned from working with miners for a set period of say 5 years, due to impressioning unsavoury thoughts on children.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any miners left in this country?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: This is definitely the dumbest question I've read in a long time.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TIL we're at war with the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    Should shops and websites that sell the EU flag and EU stickers be banned from doing so because it's seen as anti-British?
    Why is it seen as anti-British? It isn't, what makes you see it that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    Why is it seen as anti-British? It isn't, what makes you see it that way?
    Showing pro-EU symbols shows defiance for Brexit and the will of all British people and such an act is treasonous. The flag also shows evidence of unsavoury political thoughts or advertises support for unsavoury political thoughts against the majority of British citizens.

ReputationRep:
    No

(Original post by VirgoStrain)
    :eek: This is definitely the dumbest question I've read in a long time.
    Read more of their threads.

ReputationRep:
    Showing pro-EU symbols shows defiance for Brexit and the will of all British people and such an act is treasonous. The flag also shows evidence of unsavoury political thoughts or advertises support for unsavoury political thoughts against the majority of British citizens.
    We have free speech here believe it or not. People with pro-eu beliefs shouldn't be silenced just because you don't support these opinions.

ReputationRep:
    because it's seen as anti-British?
    I don't drink tea, should I be shot?

ReputationRep:
    So censoring political conscience is not treasonous in any way but displaying an EU flag is. Great logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    We have free speech here believe it or not. People with pro-eu beliefs shouldn't be silenced just because you don't support these opinions.
    True but it's illegal to show support for groups like ISIS, Al Quaeda, and several far right groups, because they are against British values.
    The EU is opposed by the British people who voted against the EU, and as thus the EU is against British values.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So many people get butt hurt over flags, especially yanks. I for one couldn't care less about a bit of dyed fabric being sold, damaged burnt, flown or what ever, it's literally meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    True but it's illegal to show support for groups like ISIS, Al Quaeda, and several far right groups, because they are against British values.
    The EU is opposed by the British people who voted against the EU, and as thus the EU is against British values.
    Terrorist groups such as ISIS and Al Qaeda are literally based on 6th century principles and are dedicated to causing as much harm and terror as possible. Of course they are against British values. As far as I'm aware, the EU doesn't pride itself on the persecution of gays or the killings of non-believers. Should it also be illegal to support the labour party, seeing as the majority of the population oppose it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    oi

ReputationRep:
    What does ISIS have to do with the EU? The EU is the reason we have had lasting peace in Europe since the end of WWII. Get your head out of the sand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Tea is not British, it comes from Norway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    The United States of America didn't come from America either, but their culture is still "American culture". British cultured is filled with many foreign things. Melting pots, innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Tea is a staple of British culture, it's the one thing everyone associates with britain. Where it came from is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    What does ISIS have to do with the EU? The EU is the reason we have had lasting peace in Europe since the end of WWII. Get your head out of the sand.
    The British people are commited to ending European influence over Britain they all vote for that and anything that shows support for Europe such as flags or telling school children the advantages of Europe is considered subversive, reactionary and unsavoury and is thus seen as an outright attack on British values in the same way that flying the flag of ISIS. It shows people having contempt for British values.

Removal from the EU and total independence is a British constitutional value voted for in 2016.

If a headteacher told school kids they should support ISIS that head teacher would be probably be sacked and face criminal charges.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.