Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    If you're applying to the UofG for politics either as a single honours or joint-honours, leave a comment down below. Perhaps you want to leave a bit about yourself too

Course you're applying for:
    Why that course?
    Why the University of Glasgow?
    Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.):

ReputationRep:
    Course you're applying for: Politics (SocSci)
    Why that course? I am really interested in Politics, given how much of an affect it can have on our lives, and now is such an interesting time to study politics given all that is going on in the UK and the world right now
    Why the University of Glasgow? Before I went to the open day, I was not sure if it was the right place for me, and I hadn't been to Glasgow much before that say, so wasn't sure if I'd like the city - the open day was great, the building is absolutely amazing, and the city centre is great - great mix of academic quality in the university and a good social life in the wider city.
    Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.): Unconditional Offer

I've also applied to Edinburgh and Stirling for Politics, and St. Andrews for International Relations, but not had a decision from them yet, and likely won't until February/March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perthite)
    Course you're applying for: Politics (SocSci)
    Why that course? I am really interested in Politics, given how much of an affect it can have on our lives, and now is such an interesting time to study politics given all that is going on in the UK and the world right now
    Why the University of Glasgow? Before I went to the open day, I was not sure if it was the right place for me, and I hadn't been to Glasgow much before that say, so wasn't sure if I'd like the city - the open day was great, the building is absolutely amazing, and the city centre is great - great mix of academic quality in the university and a good social life in the wider city.
    Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.): Unconditional Offer

I've also applied to Edinburgh and Stirling for Politics, and St. Andrews for International Relations, but not had a decision from them yet, and likely won't until February/March
    Your grades must have been top-notch, congratulations! Such a lovely place, really hope when I send my application away I get an offer as I’d love it

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer here. 38 IB points and 666 HL.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for History/Politics - AB at higher or B at Higher and B at Advanced Higher plus the attendance of Glasgow’s summer school
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer for Politics at Glasgow as a gap year student.

Haven’t actually seen the politics building but my brother is at Glasgow and I have visited quite a bit and the campus is lovely.

Also applied to Bristol and Edinburgh; looking forward to their responses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qmwnebrv)
    Got an unconditional offer for Politics at Glasgow as a gap year student.

Haven’t actually seen the politics building but my brother is at Glasgow and I have visited quite a bit and the campus is lovely.

Also applied to Bristol and Edinburgh; looking forward to their responses.
    Pretty sure Politics is taught in the main building aka hogwarts hahaha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.