SocialStudiesETC
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,
If you're applying to the UofG for politics either as a single honours or joint-honours, leave a comment down below. Perhaps you want to leave a bit about yourself too

Course you're applying for:
Why that course?
Why the University of Glasgow?
Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.):
Perthite
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course you're applying for: Politics (SocSci)
Why that course? I am really interested in Politics, given how much of an affect it can have on our lives, and now is such an interesting time to study politics given all that is going on in the UK and the world right now
Why the University of Glasgow? Before I went to the open day, I was not sure if it was the right place for me, and I hadn't been to Glasgow much before that say, so wasn't sure if I'd like the city - the open day was great, the building is absolutely amazing, and the city centre is great - great mix of academic quality in the university and a good social life in the wider city.
Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.): Unconditional Offer

I've also applied to Edinburgh and Stirling for Politics, and St. Andrews for International Relations, but not had a decision from them yet, and likely won't until February/March
SocialStudiesETC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Perthite)
Course you're applying for: Politics (SocSci)
Why that course? I am really interested in Politics, given how much of an affect it can have on our lives, and now is such an interesting time to study politics given all that is going on in the UK and the world right now
Why the University of Glasgow? Before I went to the open day, I was not sure if it was the right place for me, and I hadn't been to Glasgow much before that say, so wasn't sure if I'd like the city - the open day was great, the building is absolutely amazing, and the city centre is great - great mix of academic quality in the university and a good social life in the wider city.
Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.): Unconditional Offer

I've also applied to Edinburgh and Stirling for Politics, and St. Andrews for International Relations, but not had a decision from them yet, and likely won't until February/March
Your grades must have been top-notch, congratulations! Such a lovely place, really hope when I send my application away I get an offer as I’d love it
homicidalwaffle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Conditional offer here. 38 IB points and 666 HL.
SocialStudiesETC
Rep:
?
Conditional offer for History/Politics - AB at higher or B at Higher and B at Advanced Higher plus the attendance of Glasgow’s summer school
Qmwnebrv
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Got an unconditional offer for Politics at Glasgow as a gap year student.

Haven’t actually seen the politics building but my brother is at Glasgow and I have visited quite a bit and the campus is lovely.

Also applied to Bristol and Edinburgh; looking forward to their responses.
SocialStudiesETC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Qmwnebrv)
Got an unconditional offer for Politics at Glasgow as a gap year student.

Haven’t actually seen the politics building but my brother is at Glasgow and I have visited quite a bit and the campus is lovely.

Also applied to Bristol and Edinburgh; looking forward to their responses.
Pretty sure Politics is taught in the main building aka hogwarts hahaha
nmeechan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course you're applying for: Politics/Sociology
Why that course? Fascinated with social culture, and the affect politics has on society
Why the University of Glasgow? Family is from near Glasgow, and beautiful city
Status of application (conditional, unconditional etc.): Teacher is writing my reference now, afaik

Also applying to Politics w Human Rights in Essex, Politics and International Relations and Social Policy in Strathclyde Politics w/ Sociology at Lincoln and International Politics w Conflict Studies at QUB [really don't want to go here as I hate Belfast but as I'm from NI, I didn't want to apply solely overseas and decide I want to stay at home]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads