Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could I get into banking or accounting with a computer science degree?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkr32)
    ofc as long as it's from a decent uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoSaqib)
    Yes I'm planning to progress within the bank, I've answered this and the second question in more detail in my reply to gr8wizard10's post.
    Make sure you get your personal statement up to scratch. If you're applying to oxbridge obviously make sure you prepare for interviews and entrance exams.
    My personal statement interweaves accounting and finance, as it is applied to investing. How do you think, is that a good idea? I am applying for Accounting and Finance ofc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wienerwald)
    My personal statement interweaves accounting and finance, as it is applied to investing. How do you think, is that a good idea? I am applying for Accounting and Finance ofc.
    Write about accounting and finance in general, not just as it is applied to investing. Make sure you show that you find accounting and finance exciting enough on their own. Maybe mention that you find investing particularly interesting and then write how that links in with the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkr32)
    Yes

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.