The Student Room Group

What's stopping me from identifying as French?

I was born in the UK, I have a British citizenship and a British passport. However, I don't feel British, I feel French.

In this era of identity politics where a man can feel like a woman and want to become one, where a transwoman can ask to fight biological women in boxing matches, push to use the toilets of the gender they align with, what is stopping me from identifying as French and demanding that the French government make me French?
you feel French? how is that, you wear stripey tops, have onions round your neck and take 3h lunch breaks?
Original post by Anonymous
I was born in the UK, I have a British citizenship and a British passport. However, I don't feel British, I feel French.

In this era of identity politics where a man can feel like a woman and want to become one, where a transwoman can ask to fight biological women in boxing matches, push to use the toilets of the gender they align with, what is stopping me from identifying as French and demanding that the French government make me French?

Because French isn't a gender it's a nationality.
Gender is to do with who you are, nationality is to do with where you are born.
Reply 3
Sometimes I have no words...You can't fight stupid, please go, go to France and let them deal with you xD
Original post by Avaia
Sometimes I have no words...You can't fight stupid, please go, go to France and let them deal with you xD

Exactly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending