Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will Remoaners stop crying about an advert on a bus? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster. Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?

ReputationRep:
    They want to stay in a union that pushes for federation no matter what the costs are to its people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster (that I didn't believe anyway). Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?
    Because people have different opinions to yours and you would have to just deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you need this put on a bus. For the record,it doesn't imply any thing, except that people are thick as pig ****, if they believed that (and many did)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    Because people have different opinions to yours and you would have to just deal with it.
    Maybe OP should...."get over it"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster (that I didn't believe anyway). Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?
    Maybe you should stop crying because someone disagrees with you and grow up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    Maybe you should stop crying because someone disagrees with you and grow up?
    I accept that people disagree with me. The Remain vote did gain almost 50% per cent support after all (not quite enough to form a Remain vote though).

I get angry though by people who say I misled by some ****ing poster on a bus and therefore we should have referendum part 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    I get that people have different opinions to mine. I simply don't understand why they desperately claw to the straws of 'people were lied to!!!!!1!'. If they want to have an argument to our relationship outside of Europe, then I'm happy to listen.

ReputationRep:
    I get that people have different opinions to mine. I simply don't understand why they desperately claw to the straws of 'people were lied to!!!!!1!'. If they want to have an argument to our relationship outside of Europe, then I'm happy to listen.
    Do you think it's ok to flat-out lie in a campaign?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I accept that people disagree with me. The Remain vote did gain almost 50% per cent support after all (not quite enough to form a Remain vote though).

I get angry though by people who say I misled by some ****ing poster on a bus and therefore we should have referendum part 2.
    Shouldn't you be "getting over it" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    They want to stay in a union that pushes for federation no matter what the costs are to its people.
    Remoaners are people who just love being subjugated by Brussels and watching their sovereignty wash away into the sands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    If it furthers his cause, apparently yes.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what this thread is about. I am asserting that despite those lies, people like me voted to Leave for truly selfless and patriotic reasons such as wanting self-governance which we shall never achieve through the EU. I don't doubt that the underclass heard the tones of that bus (but then I think that they didn't bother to vote as they never do).

ReputationRep:
    Of those who voted leave I'd say the vast majority had been asking for such a vote for a long time. So they knew which way to cast their vote before the referendum campaign even started.

ReputationRep:
    The government should track down all who voted brexit and deduct the 46 Billion required by the EU from their sorry pensions.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what this thread is about. I am asserting that despite those lies, people like me voted to Leave for truly selfless and patriotic reasons such as wanting self-governance which we shall never achieve through the EU. I don't doubt that the underclass heard the tones of that bus (but then I think that they didn't bother to vote as they never do).
    So not everyone who voted leave did so based solely on the bus?

Who is claiming otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    So not everyone who voted leave did so based solely on the bus?

Who is claiming otherwise?
    I am. I don't dispute that a small uneducated minority may have done so based on the bus. I'm not complaining though, because guess what? Here we are with Article 50!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    The government should track down all who voted brexit and deduct the 46 Billion required by the EU from their sorry pensions.
    Oh someone get this baby a dummy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster. Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?
    As others have said, you can't speak for the millions of other people who voted to leave, perhaps they did believe what that poster said. The Supreme Court won't be the final arbiter whether we are in the EU or not, if you want free trade with Europe - which is what Brexiteers promised - then we will need something like the EFTA Court.

ReputationRep:
    I am. I don't dispute that a small uneducated minority may have done so based on the bus. I'm not complaining though, because guess what? Here we are with Article 50!
    This thread is a complaint thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.