Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will Remoaners stop crying about an advert on a bus? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    As others have said, you can't speak for the millions of other people who voted to leave, perhaps they did believe what that poster said. The Supreme Court won't be the final arbiter whether we are in the EU or not, if you want free trade with Europe - which is what Brexiteers promised - then we will need something like the EFTA Court.
    Please don't worry yourself that I believe in free trade with a protectionist bloc that hurts Africa.

I'm happy to go along WTO lines.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    I'm happy to go along WTO lines.
    Trouble is, hardly anyone else (in business or parliament) agrees with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Trouble is, hardly anyone else (in business or parliament) agrees with you.
    I'm confident of a deal regardless of our status with the EU. We are a net importer of their goods and one of the largest European economies afterall (I hate how your side do us down).

Even if we don't get a deal, we survived long before 1975, and we shall survive long after 2019.

ReputationRep:
    Remoaners are people who just love being subjugated by Brussels and watching their sovereignty wash away into the sands.
    Why don't you get over it?

ReputationRep:
    The bus poster was inaccurate, as it referred to gross contributions to the EU, not net (after farmers and others receive EU money).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How long did euroskeptics complain we'd been duped into joining? Fairly sure it was more than 16 months (although I'm not seeing much moaning still about the £350m lie being on the bus)

ReputationRep:
    I get that people have different opinions to mine. I simply don't understand why they desperately claw to the straws of 'people were lied to!!!!!1!'. If they want to have an argument to our relationship outside of Europe, then I'm happy to listen.
    but people were lied to. every single person i know that voted leave, left because of the whole NHS thing. They said that if they had known that it was a lie, they wouldn't have voted leave.

ReputationRep:
    people like me voted to Leave for truly selfless and patriotic reasons
    here we go again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    here we go again...
    Indeed we did though. I appreciate that the Remain side of the argument love to Remain subjugated under Brussels regulation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent007)
    but people were lied to. every single person i know that voted leave, left because of the whole NHS thing. They said that if they had known that it was a lie, they wouldn't have voted leave.
    Then I can only assume that your associates are of an ill-educated degenerate background.

ReputationRep:
    Then I can only assume that your associates are of an ill-educated degenerate background.
    like you? Someone was just stating their opinion. Besides the people I talked to about brexit were mainly teachers so.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent007)
    like you? Someone was just stating their opinion and u gotta act like a small dicked little *****. Grow up ******* and stop acting like a little privileged white kid. Besides the people I talked to about brexit were mainly teachers so.....
    I love asterisks, they collate with the irrelevance of an opinion. The more asterisks...

So what if the people you spoke to were teachers?

And I LOVE the fact you think its relevant that I'm white. Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    Remember when the remain side said the economy would collapse the day after the vote? Or the one where they said we would leave the day after?

ReputationRep:
    I love asterisks, they collate with the irrelevance of an opinion. The more asterisks...

So what if the people you spoke to were teachers?

And I LOVE the fact you think its relevant that I'm white. Why is that?
    1)Believe me i love them asterisks too.....
    2) they are professional teachers meaning they DON'T come from an degenerate background(mind you i go to the best college in the country)
    3)Some statistics showed (not sure if they are 100% correct) that most people who voted leave were white. Judging by your reaction my guess was right.
    4)Why post on TSR if you're not happy with other people's opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    The government should track down all who voted brexit and deduct the 46 Billion required by the EU from their sorry pensions.
    What a ridiculous thing to say. If you object to paying money to the EU you would certainly want to get out quickly, rather than stay in and pay £30million per day which quickly adds up to £46bn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    So not everyone who voted leave did so based solely on the bus?

Who is claiming otherwise?
    The idea using the gross figure for contributions on a bus made any real difference is stupid. The polls before and after Vote Leave ran their campaign were virtually identical. Those who claim to be concerned it misled people really are remoaners who want to rerun the referendum to attempt to reverse it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    The idea using the gross figure for contributions on a bus made any real difference is stupid. The polls before and after Vote Leave ran their campaign were virtually identical. Those who claim to be concerned it mislead people really are remoaners who want to rerun the referendum to attempt to reverse it.
    It was a complete lie and there were people who believed it. I'm surprised that is even legal tbh. Propaganda and deceit is one thing but you can't defend flat-out lies.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    It was a complete lie and there were people who believed it. I'm surprised that is even legal tbh. Propaganda and deceit is one thing but you can't defend flat-out lies.
    No, it wasn't a complete lie. It said "We send the EU £350million a week, let's fund our NHS instead." At worst you could say the implication was misleading.

If politicians are prosectued for lying, very very few would escape this.

On the other hand, people did believe the lies posted in all our letterboxes by the government. George Osbourne threatened us with a recession, housing market collapse, a punishment budget, all of which were irresponsible lies.

ReputationRep:
    the brexit campaign wasnt the government so they could not implement the 350million pounds a week. not hard to understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    No, it wasn't a complete lie. It said "We send the EU £350million a week, let's fund our NHS instead." At worst you could say the implication was misleading.

If politicians are prosectued for lying, very very few would escape this.

On the other hand, people did believe the lies posted in all our letterboxes by the government. George Osbourne threatened us with a recession, housing market collapse, a punishment budget, all of which were irresponsible lies.
    "Let's give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week".

Yes, that was a complete lie. The 350 million is a lie on its own.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.