Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will Remoaners stop crying about an advert on a bus? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I despised basically all the main spokespeople for leave and didn't believe that advert for a second. Voted leave anyway. But that doesn't make the ad any less misleading, I suppose. I just struggle to imagine being stupid enough to take it at face value..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    "Let's give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week".

Yes, that was a complete lie. The 350 million is a lie on its own.
    Now you are deliberately misconstruing it and using quote marks for something that was never said. The £350 million is not a lie, but our gross annual contributions at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    Now you are deliberately misconstruing it and using quote marks for something that was never said. The £350 million is not a lie, but our gross annual contributions at the time.
    https://6544-presscdn-0-22-pagely.ne...x7Vh5dC_YU.jpg

Is that not what is says?
    Gross is irrelevant. If that is merely the gross figure then leaving the EU won't free up that amount of money.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    https://6544-presscdn-0-22-pagely.ne...x7Vh5dC_YU.jpg

Is that not what is says?
    Gross is irrelevant. If that is merely the gross figure then leaving the EU won't free up that amount of money.
    Ok, I wasn't aware of that other version. But is it not far outbalanced by George Osbourne's lies?

Yes, it means we wouldn't be able to free up as much money and therefore misleading, however this was explained many times during the campaign and if it had said £220million I doubt a single vote would have been changed.

ReputationRep:
    No, that is a (really bad) photoshop attempt. Yes, it means we wouldn't be able to free up as much money and therefore misleading, however this was explained many times during the campaign and if it had said £220million I doubt a single vote would have been changed.
    Lol, so first it's not a lie and now it's a lie but doesn't matter. Watch your step as you backpedal haha.

Lmao, now you've gone back on your (pathetic) Photoshop claim.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I voted remain, but seriously, the amount of moaning people are doing about that bus advert is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, so first it's not a lie and now it's a lie but doesn't matter. Watch your step as you backpedal haha.

Lmao, now you've gone back on your (pathetic) Photoshop claim.
    You are incapable of rational debate or taking on board any points, therefore there's no point continuing.

ReputationRep:
    You are incapable of rational debate or taking on board any points, therefore there's no point continuing.
    Hahaha, because you've got nothing to say. You were wrong and never had any rational arguments for me to properly debate.

ReputationRep:
    The only issue that I cared about was the sovereignty of the county. However you spin it, it makes absolutely no sense for un-elected bureaucrats to legislate on our behalf.

The bus thing never bothered me as NHS procurement is a joke. They probably would have spent 350 mil on staplers or mop handles or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3negade)
    The only issue that I cared about was the sovereignty of the county. However you spin it, it makes absolutely no sense for un-elected bureaucrats to legislate on our behalf.

The bus thing never bothered me as NHS procurement is a joke. They probably would have spent 350 mil on staplers or mop handles or something.
    Only uneducated idiots care about sovereignty. The rest of us have futures to look forward to, so we prioritised the economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daario333)
    Only uneducated idiots care about sovereignty. The rest of us have futures to look forward to, so we prioritised the economy.
    It's very sad in the country that 75 years ago its citizens gave their lives to defend democracy, such a view is commonplace and even encouraged by the indoctrination system known as education.

ReputationRep:
    It's very sad in the country that 75 years ago its citizens gave their lives to defend democracy, such a view is commonplace and even encouraged by the indoctrination system known as education.
    They gave their lives so we think how we like and look at things rationally.

Times have changed, I think those ppl would rather see prosperity than care about pretentious intangible concepts like sovereignty.

Ironically, the idea of unity and the EU were fundamentally formed from the belief that we're better off together and as a whole so we can coexist peacefully and prosper. So dont try and use their deaths to push your brexit agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daario333)
    They gave their lives so we think how we like and look at things rationally.

Times have changed, I think those ppl would rather see prosperity than care about pretentious intangible concepts like sovereignty.

Ironically, the idea of unity and the EU were fundamentally formed from the belief that we're better off together and as a whole so we can coexist peacefully and prosper. So dont try and use their deaths to push your brexit agenda.
    And calling people uneducated idiots because they disagree with you isn't rational.

Sovereignty is fundamental, it's about having collective control over being able to change our lives. And most of Britain lived in poverty to help the war effort. If they had valued being rich more they would have surrendered.

Yes, the principles of cooperation in the 1950s were commendable but the modern EU is immoral and works against peace, prosperity and democracy.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-10-20-00-19-27-1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  120.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    I believe in small government and I believe in local representation. I do not believe that a European bureaucrat would know what is best for say a farmer from Devon, or a working class family from London the same way that an un-elected British bureaucrat would know what is best for Slovakian businessman or an Austrian welfare recipient. It makes no sense to my uneducated, idiotic mind. I believe that countries would be best served governing themselves and making their own laws and trade arrangements without a federal adjudicator.

Again, this is just my opinion. I am ok with the fact that I am wrong sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster. Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?
    How many of the 51.9% that voted leave did so on the basis of false claims?

I still can't believe that the UK has entered into a multi-year process on the basis of a 1.9% majority. Madness.

ReputationRep:
    And calling people uneducated idiots because they disagree with you isn't rational.

Sovereignty is fundamental, it's about having collective control over being able to change our lives. And most of Britain lived in poverty to help the war effort. If they had valued being rich more they would have surrendered.

Yes, the principles of cooperation in the 1950s were commendable but the modern EU is immoral and works against peace, prosperity and democracy.
    Lol fair enough, although i wasnt really being serious

No it's not. If you think that our current parliamentary system give the ppl total control then you're delusional. If you're comparing nazi germany then you're seriously deluded.

And how does it go against peace and prosperity and democracy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    How many of the 51.9% that voted leave did so on the basis of false claims?

I still can't believe that the UK has entered into a multi-year process on the basis of a 1.9% majority. Madness.
    Is this sarcasm? Or you seriously have two false statistics while complaining about it...

ReputationRep:
    Is this sarcasm? Or you seriously have two false statistics while complaining about it...
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    They obv focus on it to try and delegitimize the vote

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.