Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will Remoaners stop crying about an advert on a bus? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daario333)
    Statistically speaking there's proof that remainers are more intelligent. Can't argue with facts unfortunately.
    Do you mean those same remoaners that are still arguing that the Brexit bus said that £350 million would go to the NHS. Lets see:

Name:  pa-28104829.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  37.3 KB

Nope it doesn't. Can't argue with facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    Do you mean those same remoaners that are still arguing that the Brexit bus said that £350 million would go to the NHS. Lets see:

Name:  pa-28104829.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  37.3 KB

Nope it doesn't. Can't argue with facts.
    The argument has gone bounds beyond that. The bus is merely the tip of the iceberg, it's what us arrogant remoaners use to laugh at people like you for.

ReputationRep:
    We'll stop complaining about the blatant lies peddled by right-wing politicians when right-wing politicians stop peddling blatant lies - that is to say, never.

ReputationRep:
    We voted out and that's the end of it. We're leaving whether the 18 yr old layabouts on TSR who have probably never paid taxes or done a hard days work like it or not. Doesn't matter who voted what, but everyone seriously needs to stop the pointless arguing and just get to the reality of a post EU Britain. It's coming and it's coming pretty fast, soon it will just be another page in the history book and all of this "we should have remained" won't even matter. Shall not be replying anymore to this thread, no doubt a wannabe politician or economist will have something to say with their countless years of experience and years of research behind them. Give it a rest and face up to what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    The term "remoaners" is really cringe, just FYI. Sounds like it was coined by an infant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James1997c)
    Haha. Absolutely delusional.

You're the one desperately going through my posts trying to get dirt on me. It's cute when you try hard to insult me.

Stop claiming you're not a virgin. Muh "I read academic blogs im intelligunt bonga bonga". No one wants to sleep with a spick. And that's what you'll always be - a spick. You will get rejected from IBD because you're a thicko - even if you convinced LSE to let you in because you're a spick.

Mate I am guaranteeing most of the stuff you're saying is reflection. You've never banged white girls, or most likely any girl. You're most likely a typical autistic window licker who sits in his room all day. Whatever situation I'm in can be resolved. I'm just glad I'm not a thick plebian second generation immigrant.

It's cute you try so hard to justify yourself to me. I think that it's best you go and read some more academic blogs. LSE isn't difficult to get into. Most of the courses relate to social policy. Someone I know (mediocre grades) is studying there. Unless you study Maths/Econ it's no more difficult to get into than Bristol. The fact that you're a spick and didn't even get into Oxbridge tells me more about how thick you are.

Again, you're a tragic guy. I don't want to ruin your pipe dreams. Muh "Status money fame 21st century baby" - lol genuine loser.
    Calm down mate, I think you'll burst an artery at this rate. Also, affirmative action does not exist in the UK and is in fact illegal under the Equality Act 2010. If he got into LSE, it was not because he is an ethnic minority individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tantalus)
    Calm down mate, I think you'll burst an artery at this rate. Also, affirmative action does not exist in the UK and is in fact illegal under the Equality Act 2010. If he got into LSE, it was not because he is an ethnic minority individual.
    Bollox. UCAS screens for minorities, and most Unis have a policy for it under the guise of "social mobility". It's why you get really thick people like Malala going to Oxford despite having no qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    Bollox. UCAS screens for minorities, and most Unis have a policy for it under the guise of "social mobility". It's why you get really thick people like Malala going to Oxford despite having no qualifications.
    Ahem... UCAS does collect information on applicants like their ethnicity and sexual orientation but does not release that information to universities until offers and rejections have been sent off.

Universities have outreach programmes (also known as widening participation schemes) to encourage people from underrepresented ethnic and socio-economic groups to apply to university and to help them to do so. This is a precondition of their charging £9250 tuition fees. They do not act as quota systems but merely try to address the fact that some people need more help to make more competitive university applications. I personally went on such a scheme (where it was majority working class white and so not purely to aid ethnic minorities).

Malala got into Oxford because she won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Let me repeat... the Nobel Peace Prize.

Clearly the PPE admission tutors at Oxford felt that she was capable enough and qualified enough to enrol onto their course. I don't see how you are any more qualified to say that she is not.

Oh... that's right... you're not.

ReputationRep:
    Ahem... UCAS does collect information on applicants like their ethnicity and sexual orientation but does not release that information to universities until offers and rejections have been sent off.

Universities have outreach programmes (also known as widening participation schemes) to encourage people from underrepresented ethnic and socio-economic groups to apply to university and to help them to do so. This is a precondition of their charging £9250 tuition fees. They do not act as quota systems but merely try to address the fact that some people need more help to make more competitive university applications. I personally went on such a scheme (where it was majority working class white and so not purely to aid ethnic minorities).

Clearly the PPE admission tutors at Oxford felt that she was capable enough and qualified enough to enrol onto their course. I don't see how you are any more qualified to say that she is not.

She also met her offer of straight As at A level and has pretty good GCSE grades.

http://news.sky.com/story/malala-ear...ccess-10992198

ReputationRep:
    Clearly

ReputationRep:

I'm more qualified than you. You're just another EMG acting out of self-interest. This site is literally full of them. Thank fk for Brexit

ReputationRep:
    I'm more qualified than you. You're just another EMG acting out of self-interest. This site is literally full of them. Thank fk for Brexit
    I'm a British citizen, mate. Brexit will not result in me being forced to leave the country.

Unless, you have something else in mind...

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Can we move on now?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a British citizen, mate. Brexit will not result in me being forced to leave the country.

Unless, you have something else in mind...

I'm always right it appears.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always right it appears.
    Goodness me, that reference went over your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    I accept that people disagree with me. The Remain vote did gain almost 50% per cent support after all (not quite enough to form a Remain vote though).

I get angry though by people who say I misled by some ****ing poster on a bus and therefore we should have referendum part 2.
    Vince Cable is saying that but nobody else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster. Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?
    Because millions of people saw misleading information about how we save 350 million pounds by leaving the eu

ReputationRep:
    The issue is of course that the advert on the bus wasn’t the untruth that Remoaners make it out to be. Roughly £350 million a week of UK taxpayers money is under EU control. Even if you take into account that it’s a gross figure, it does not change the fact that this is money which is ultimately controlled by an entity other than the elected government of the country. Vote Leave wasn’t a political party running for office so whether or not the pledge is fulfilled is up to a future government.

Interesting how since Leave won the scrutiny’s been on the Leave camp’s claims but scrutiny over Remain’s claims have basically ceased. Remainers lied quite a lot before the referendum. The idea that 3 million jobs would be lost, an immediate recession which never occurred and looks less and less likely to ever occur, the idea that we retain control over our borders when that is clearly nonsensical and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycatonne23)
    The issue is of course that the advert on the bus wasn’t the untruth that Remoaners make it out to be. Roughly £350 million a week of UK taxpayers money is under EU control. Even if you take into account that it’s a gross figure, it does not change the fact that this is money which is ultimately controlled by an entity other than the elected government of the country. Vote Leave wasn’t a political party running for office so whether or not the pledge is fulfilled is up to a future government.

Interesting how since Leave won the scrutiny’s been on the Leave camp’s claims but scrutiny over Remain’s claims have basically ceased. Remainers lied quite a lot before the referendum. The idea that 3 million jobs would be lost, an immediate recession which never occurred and looks less and less likely to ever occur, the idea that we retain control over our borders when that is clearly nonsensical and so on.
    Because we aren't leaving for another 1.5 years. As and when we officially do it will make more sense to judge this as a success or a failure.

Though on money-Wales is a net recipient of EU funding. We will either have to fund that shortfall ourselves or cut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    The term "remoaners" is really cringe, just FYI. Sounds like it was coined by an infant.
    The remainer's term of insult is worse. Brex*****ers is the current fave.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.