Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will Remoaners stop crying about an advert on a bus? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As soon as we get the bus money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JVoorhees)
    The remainer's term of insult is worse. Brex*****ers is the current fave.
    Both cringe AF :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Because leave won by a fractional margin. That one advert likely tipped the scales.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Though on money-Wales is a net recipient of EU funding. We will either have to fund that shortfall ourselves or cut.
    A lot of that money goes into vanity projects rather than actually helping anyone. But the UK gives money to the EU and gets a small amount back in funding. We could continue paying for all the projects and have billions left over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daario333)
    The argument has gone bounds beyond that. The bus is merely the tip of the iceberg, it's what us arrogant remoaners use to laugh at people like you for.
    It's also how the intelligent Brexiteers used to make fun of all the unintelligent pathetic remoaners who used to bring that bus up every chance they could. Remoaners are a laughing stock.

I particularly used to like all the so-called experts who predicted doom and gloom after the vote. Strangely enough there are no bloody experts as we've never left the EU before. On one side are people who can see how the EU has taken advantage of us and on the other side are the sheep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slayingrobin)
    Because millions of people saw misleading information about how we save 350 million pounds by leaving the eu
    Hahaha, are you seriously saying the vote would have gone the other way if it weren't for that poster? If you are you're seriously delusional.

The majority of British people were disillusioned with the EU long before the referendum.

ReputationRep:
    The argument has gone bounds beyond that. The bus is merely the tip of the iceberg, it's what us arrogant remoaners use to laugh at people like you for.
    In turn, its what us intelligent Leave voters laugh at you for. None of your hell and brimstone predictions came to pass, and we now laugh at the last straws you have of saying a bus advert swayed our vote.

You lot seriously are desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    Do you think it's ok to flat-out lie in a campaign?
    I don't think its OK. Not at all.

Where was George Osborne's emergency budget after the referendum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    The majority of British people were disillusioned with the EU long before the referendum.
    True. However, many voted for promises that may well not happen, the bus money being one of example. The referendum was deeply flawed IMO, as the consequences of a vote either way were not clear, and left for either side to make unsubstantiated claims about. I also think that there should have been a large majority required to start such a lengthy process.

ReputationRep:
    In turn, its what us intelligent Leave voters laugh at you for. None of your hell and brimstone predictions came to pass, and we now laugh at the last straws you have of saying a bus advert swayed our vote.

You lot seriously are desperate.
    Except that brexit hasn't happened. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Except that brexit hasn't happened.
    Predictions about the aftershock by our chancellor and economists were all entirely wrong. Just like the same people predicted for not joining the Euro, and the exchange rate mechanism. So if the past record is anything to go by, these predictions are politically motivated and wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    Predictions about the aftershock by our chancellor and economists were all entirely wrong. Just like the same people predicted for not joining the Euro, and the exchange rate mechanism. So if the past record is anything to go by, these predictions are politically motivated and wrong.
    Again, brexit hasn't happened.

The euro is a completely different thing. There are plenty of predictions by regulated firms that rely entirely upon political neutrality to survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    True. However, many voted for promises that may well not happen, the bus money being one of example. The referendum was deeply flawed IMO, as the consequences of a vote either way were not clear, and left for either side to make unsubstantiated claims about. I also think that there should have been a large majority required to start such a lengthy process.
    But the problem being that the ones running the campaign for Brexit were not the ones that could ultimately make the decisions as to what happens with the EU money. That was always going to be the case.

I feel that the coverage by the media was way too one-sided particularly by the BBC and if the media had been impartial then there would have been a much bigger percentage of out voters. A lot of people were influenced by the doom & gloom predictions.

Personally I've always wanted to get out of the EU. When we joined the Common Market many years ago it was for the purposes of easier trade with other European countries. It was not for the purpose of subsidising other countries, it was not to have our laws degraded by European Courts, it was not to have open borders and it was not so that other countries could decide who we can and can't deport. We have been treated by mugs by the rest of the EU. Time to turn the tables and say stuff you to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    A lot of that money goes into vanity projects rather than actually helping anyone. But the UK gives money to the EU and gets a small amount back in funding. We could continue paying for all the projects and have billions left over.
    No you're right I will wait patiently for my unicorn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    No you're right I will wait patiently for my unicorn.
    Or a dragon, like the dragon statues EU spent money on "helping" Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Except that brexit hasn't happened.
    I'm fully aware that we haven't yet exited the European Union. I'm simply asking for evidence of the horror stories we were forecast by Project Fear), none of which have yet come to pass.

ReputationRep:
    When I stood in the polling station and voted Leave last year, I've got to say that a poster I knew to be untrue did not feature in my mind. I simply wanted the UK Parliament to be the supreme body in our country, and for our Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of decisions that come before our courts. It had nothing to do with that sodding poster. Why do Remoaners still cling to that rubbish for why we shouldn't leave?
    I wish the leave campaign had been honest and put the real figure on the side of the bus. The real figure - after hidden payments, liabilities, fees, farming payments et al - amounts to around £661 million per week, not £350m.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/c...ly_pay_the_eu/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.