Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello 😊

I have literally had 4 sets of conflicting advice about the student finance I will receive abroad, I think this is because I am not Erasmus. I am doing a full semester abroad Feb – July 2018. I indicated this on student finance form and my uni has confirmed my study abroad. I have requested the travel grant documents via telephone and letter. I still don’t have it. I sent a letter over a month ago (12th sept) receipt has been confirmed and was told would be processed with a response by over a week ago. Still no response. I have been getting nowhere for months with this. If you could please help me with these queries or offer me away to liaise with the travel grant team directly. I am single mature student should be entitled to full travel grant benefits.

- I had to take out a mandatory insurance with ISEP for my study abroad which is 430$, will this be reimbursed
    - I am physically disabled student which is acknowledged by student finance DSA will a business class flight be reimbursed, at least partially (I have asked this a million times now with no response)
    - Through the ISEP scheme I had to pay a mandatory placement fee of 325$ can I claim this back?
    - I have to have a return ticket for my Visa, is a multiflex or open ticket acceptable for reimbursement ?
    - Finally, how do I get the travel grant form! Really hope you can help!

PLEASE dont reply with generic travel grant entitlement summary!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amerss)
    Hello 😊

I have literally had 4 sets of conflicting advice about the student finance I will receive abroad, I think this is because I am not Erasmus. I am doing a full semester abroad Feb – July 2018. I indicated this on student finance form and my uni has confirmed my study abroad. I have requested the travel grant documents via telephone and letter. I still don’t have it. I sent a letter over a month ago (12th sept) receipt has been confirmed and was told would be processed with a response by over a week ago. Still no response. I have been getting nowhere for months with this. If you could please help me with these queries or offer me away to liaise with the travel grant team directly. I am single mature student should be entitled to full travel grant benefits.

- I had to take out a mandatory insurance with ISEP for my study abroad which is 430$, will this be reimbursed
    - I am physically disabled student which is acknowledged by student finance DSA will a business class flight be reimbursed, at least partially (I have asked this a million times now with no response)
    - Through the ISEP scheme I had to pay a mandatory placement fee of 325$ can I claim this back?
    - I have to have a return ticket for my Visa, is a multiflex or open ticket acceptable for reimbursement ?
    - Finally, how do I get the travel grant form! Really hope you can help!

PLEASE dont reply with generic travel grant entitlement summary!
    Hi Amerss,

You can download the Travel Grant Form from the below link and send this to Student Finance with receipts.

http://bit.ly/18orbgT

Thanks

Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.