Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm just curious..when you was on a test did your examiner ask you to pull up behind a certain car (one car length away) and then ask you to move on when ready? I knew they would pull me over around 4 times and say 'pull over in a safe and legal place' but I didn't know they did this. It wasn't a problem I just didn't know they did it.

Thanks

P.s I think this may be in the wrong area but there was no option to put it in 'learning to drive' sorry if it's in the wrong place!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanpanhan)
    Hi! I'm just curious..when you was on a test did your examiner ask you to pull up behind a certain car (one car length away) and then ask you to move on when ready? I knew they would pull me over around 4 times and say 'pull over in a safe and legal place' but I didn't know they did this. It wasn't a problem I just didn't know they did it.

Thanks

P.s I think this may be in the wrong area but there was no option to put it in 'learning to drive' sorry if it's in the wrong place!
    Hey there!

If you look in the Learning to drive forum, there's a button at the top: "Start new discussion". That's what you'd use to make a thread there

I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Hey there!

If you look in the Learning to drive forum, there's a button at the top: "Start new discussion". That's what you'd use to make a thread there

I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
    Ah right. Thank you!!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:

Thanks

This is the angle start manoeuvre. The examiner is testing to see whether you can safely drive off when you have to steer past a car, and of course, that you make all the correct observations.

https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/movi...arked-car.html
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Thanks

Yes, they do typically ask you do to this to see if you can pull out safely.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I believe I did this once or twice on my test

ReputationRep:
    I did this on my test. First time she told me to do it I pulled up and then the car in-front pulled away though which was quite funny so I ended up doing it a bit later in the test after my emergency stop which was near the end.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.