This discussion is closed.
fatboyslim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi
I need help.
Can someone tell me the easiest webpage making program.
by this i mean user friendly with top functions.
thanks
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fatboyslim)
Hi
I need help.
thanks
microsoft publisher
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Dreamweaver is pretty good too, if a little expensive...
Jenn xx
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Dreamweaver is ok but its not wortht he money. It dosn't do anything you can't do with a decent text editor. Also CSS is now the standard which Dreamweaver isn't that hot at. CSS is best coded by hand anyway,.

To make a website you need to know what you're doing, you can use Publisher or Word but it will look cheap and tacky and it will use up too much bandwidth etc.
bob t builder
Report 14 years ago
Yep Dreamweaver , made my site using it ( hint:check it out)

Or even notepad if you know the html tags
Euler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dreamweaver or microsoft FrontPage(can get quite annoying)
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Dreamweaver is ok but its not wortht he money. It dosn't do anything you can't do with a decent text editor. Also CSS is now the standard which Dreamweaver isn't that hot at. CSS is best coded by hand anyway,.

To make a website you need to know what you're doing, you can use Publisher or Word but it will look cheap and tacky and it will use up too much bandwidth etc.
True, though I was assuming that the original poster didn't know much HTML or anything so would just be wanting a nice WYSIWYG kinda thing. *Don't* use Word - the HTML will look horrible should you ever decide to alter it manually in the future! And if you do know HTML already, then I'd go with a nice text editor if I were you cos you'll have better control over it. But I would stick to my original suggestion that Dreamweaver is probably the best one if you don't want to write your own HTML.
Jenn xx
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I admit it is ok as a WYSIGYG editor, far better than any of the Microsoft nasties. I personaly find it annoying to use though but then I do more advanced stuff than a newbie would do.
GSS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fatboyslim)
Hi
I need help.
thanks
What you're asking for is a visual WYSIWYG design environment type program? Dreamweaver is your best bet for that. And it's flexible enough for you to write your own code as well.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Frontpage is the easiest to use. Just drag and drop.
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Frontpage imo . If you dont mind going into a tiny bit of HTML and scripting to correct a few errors and glitches
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dreamweaver is my personal favourite coupled with fireworks.

For a text editor I use an app called perledit (designed for coding perl in but its much nicer to use than notepad).
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
Frontpage imo . If you dont mind going into a tiny bit of HTML and scripting to correct a few errors and glitches
Tiny bit of html /afew errors? Try an ennormeous ammont of unneeded code and many errors. Not to mention it makes the file size huge and takes forever to load on 56k in most cases. Frontpage sucks!
For wysiwyg I'd go with dreamweaver.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally I use netscape composer - but only because it's the only option available at work and I'm only making incredibly basic sites/pages which consist of lists of links and not a lot else....
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
Mighty
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by immortal)
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
Tsk, downloaded software. I found that DreamWeaver made messy code when I last used it. I'd stick with notepad and a good html book.
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mighty)
Tsk, downloaded software. I found that DreamWeaver made messy code when I last used it. I'd stick with notepad and a good html book.
Writing it raw is the best way, and the only way to get full 100% customisation.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
used frontpage and dreamweaver.

prefer frontpage myself. people complain it adds too much useless code but in my experience dreamweaver is just as bad.

frontpage and notepad are the best combo. let frontpage do the hard work then clear out the little bits of useless stuff it adds in...

eg :

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Docume nt">
Mighty
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by samdavyson)
Writing it raw is the best way, and the only way to get full 100% customisation.
The only thing I don't like raw code is for layout. It's a bit easier with CSS, but drawing tables in your head and turning them into code isn't fun. Scrap paper helps though
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mighty)
Notepad is not practical really though as you can't see which files have been saved etc. I use TSW Web Coder its free, it has CSS support and its basicaly a text editor with basic syntax highlighting for CSS.

When you're working on the HTML you can directly call the CSS file to make edits really easy. Also if you forget the name of a CSS class you can have it listed on the HTML editor page rather than having to refer to the CSS file.

The code youtype in is still however 100% your own although its table generator is nice
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise