The Student Room Group

Boyfriend/husband's salary

What would you your BF/husbands' salary to be?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Are you asking what we would prefer our partners to make? Or are you asking what somebody would have to make in order to be considered suitable to date?
Im not gay, but I do need money so...high enough for him to give me a £100 to go out with my mates and chill for a bit?
anything over £30k
Reply 4
Original post by Avaia
Are you asking what we would prefer our partners to make? Or are you asking what somebody would have to make in order to be considered suitable to date?

The latter.
Reply 5
Original post by Maker
The latter.

I am not a shallow enough person to care about what somebody makes xD there are bigger issues in the world. I'd prefer a person who loved me and stays with me during an emotional breakdown who only earns minimum wage, compared to a rich person who is a d**k
Reply 6
take it from someone who has dated guys of various salaries. Its not how much he makes, its how he spends it. one of the wealthiest guys I dated was one of the stingiest, paid for one date and thought I should practically kiss his feet for an eternity because of it. then I dated a guy who made roughly £18k but as his parents were well off and never asked for rent he was able to keep all of it and spent a lot taking me on holiday and bought me a designer bag once. women like being spoilt from time to time, so long as you make enough to be able to take her out and about and buy the nice earrings she wanted for her birthday or pay the bills and provide for their children after marriage thats all that matters. Its not how much you make, its how you spend.
Shouldn't you choose someone for their personality after all jobs aren't a permanent thing, you want someone who will stick with you no matter what working or not if you plan to marry them ?
I married my husband because he stuck with me and I him after we both changed careers and numerous other of lifes challenges and other things but not because of his earnings.
Salary doesn't matter to me too much. As long as we could live comfortably enough without major money worries then it's not a problem. Obviously I wouldn't say no to a large salary, but it's not at the top of my list; other things are far more important.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Well I'd love if he earned a gazillion pounds each day. That would be great. I'd be with him whatever though. I'm with him now and that's that. As long as he doesn't turn into an ass he's stuck with me.

I don't think I would start a relationship with somebody who wasn't earning enough to support themselves though (rent, food, bills, little extra). That's hypothetical though since it's not like I'm doing any dating. That's not out of thinking people who earn less are bad people or anything though and if I did like somebody I expect I would stick with them if I found out they didn't earn much.
so long as he ain't stingy, i don't care. needs to be making some though. i ain't supporting him.

Quick Reply

Latest