Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I mean generally and not just for some English courses
    if so, then do you think taking Eng Lit would help improving essay writing skills?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catacat)
    if so, then do you think taking Eng Lit would help improving essay writing skills?
    Depends on the course. If you’re doing maths then you won’t be writing essays lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    Depends on the course. If you’re doing maths then you won’t be writing essays lol

say for example some science courses such as Psychology, Medicine, etc.

ReputationRep:
    say for example some science courses such as Psychology, Medicine, etc.
    Psychology would be a lot of essay writing. Medicine a reasonable amount. You don’t need to study English to write an essay though, it’s not like you’re writing the next Shakespearean play, it’s a completely different style
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    An EPQ would be more useful preparation than doing EngLit unless you actually enjoy doing EngLit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    An EPQ would be more useful preparation than doing EngLit unless you actually enjoy doing EngLit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As this user said. An EPQ would help you zone in on your essay writing skills more than EngLit, if that's your only reason for wanting to take the subject.

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    thanks chaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    Psychology would be a lot of essay writing. Medicine a reasonable amount. You don’t need to study English to write an essay though, it’s not like you’re writing the next Shakespearean play, it’s a completely different style
    CS has a lot of writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyok)
    CS has a lot of writing?
    No

ReputationRep:
    As usual, Doonesbury is right. I did an essay subject (MML) and an EPQ is the most useful subject I took at sixth form - more so than the actual languages!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    As usual, Doonesbury is right. I did an essay subject (MML) and an EPQ is the most useful subject I took at sixth form - more so than the actual languages!
    :hat2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.