Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i get full quickly but then hungry again quickly too Watch

so for some info i am a 20 year old female who is 5ft4 and weighs about 8 stone 9. i'm very slim and only recently have been able to gain weight (have gained a stone in 3 months which i'm really happy about). the thing i struggle with is being able to eat lots as i get full up so quickly which makes eating out annoying because i spend money on a meal i only eat half of. i'll feel super full and bloated but then an hour later i'll be hungry again? whereas some people i know will be able to eat a whole huge breakfast and then won't be hungry again until the evening. it's really annoying as i always get comments from people when i say im hungry like "oh you shouldve eaten more at breakfast" any idea why i get full up so quickly yet hungry again so soon after?

an example of a meal is for instance, today i went out for breakfast with my parents and had a small breakfast which consisted of 1 egg, 1 bacon, beans, 1 sausage and a hash brown. this was enough to fill me up yet about an half and a half later i was absolutely starving even tho i couldn't have eaten anymore at breakfast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so for some info i am a 20 year old female who is 5ft4 and weighs about 8 stone 9. i'm very slim and only recently have been able to gain weight (have gained a stone in 3 months which i'm really happy about). the thing i struggle with is being able to eat lots as i get full up so quickly which makes eating out annoying because i spend money on a meal i only eat half of. i'll feel super full and bloated but then an hour later i'll be hungry again? whereas some people i know will be able to eat a whole huge breakfast and then won't be hungry again until the evening. it's really annoying as i always get comments from people when i say im hungry like "oh you shouldve eaten more at breakfast" any idea why i get full up so quickly yet hungry again so soon after?

an example of a meal is for instance, today i went out for breakfast with my parents and had a small breakfast which consisted of 1 egg, 1 bacon, beans, 1 sausage and a hash brown. this was enough to fill me up yet about an half and a half later i was absolutely starving even tho i couldn't have eaten anymore at breakfast?
    im the same as well, i find that i always bring snacks with me everywhere now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Eat little and often or more slowly. Also make sure you drink with meals to help wash it down. I find that colder foods are better for me too.
    Maybe have a snack and smoothie ready for between meals?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of nutritionists actually think eating smaller portions but more regularly is better for you than 3 large meals a day Also, your body can often get confused between hungry and thirsty, so try to drink more water throughout the day too

ReputationRep:
    That used to happened to me before as well. I made sure to eat at certain times, for example eat breakfast and have nothing till lunch even if I am hungry. I also found out am lactose intolerant which is why I had bloatings and got 'hungry' again which wasn't really real hunger.

Just make sure to eat healthy and see if you're intolerant to anything. It's not normal to have bloatints after you eat unless it's not suitable for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.