Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can you fail your driving test for going too slow? I had a mock test recently and I was in a 30 zone but I thought it was a 20 and so I was driving at around 18mph. He pointed it out but didn't tell me if I had gotten a serious or a minor because I know that I failed on observations so I failed anyway.

Plez halp. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/speed-awareness.html

There you go
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zain12131)
    Can you fail your driving test for going too slow? I had a mock test recently and I was in a 30 zone but I thought it was a 20 and so I was driving at around 18mph. He pointed it out but didn't tell me if I had gotten a serious or a minor because I know that I failed on observations so I failed anyway.

Plez halp. Thanks.
    If you're driving slow, for no reason, then it may be counted as a serious/minor.

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zain12131)

Plez halp. Thanks.
    Driving unnecessarily slow is typically a minor fault if the road's clear, but if you're holding up traffic behind you it becomes a major fault.

If there is an enforced 20 limit you'll generally see it painted on the road and on signs at regular intervals.

That said, driving at 20 in a 30 isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're on tight residential roads, generally if I see speed bumps or traffic calmers I'll go down to 20 anyway. Doing 20 on a 30mph arterial road on the other hand will almost certainly be marked down by your examiner.

ReputationRep:
    i usually go about 20 on residential roads anyway where there's lots of parked cars and my vision is kinda restricted. i think you'd maybe get a major though if you were on a main road that was 30 with traffic behind you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.