Turn on thread page Beta

Driving test. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can you fail your driving test for going too slow? I had a mock test recently and I was in a 30 zone but I thought it was a 20 and so I was driving at around 18mph. He pointed it out but didn't tell me if I had gotten a serious or a minor because I know that I failed on observations so I failed anyway.

Plez halp. Thanks.

https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/speed-awareness.html

There you go
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by zain12131)
    Can you fail your driving test for going too slow? I had a mock test recently and I was in a 30 zone but I thought it was a 20 and so I was driving at around 18mph. He pointed it out but didn't tell me if I had gotten a serious or a minor because I know that I failed on observations so I failed anyway.

Plez halp. Thanks.
    If you're driving slow, for no reason, then it may be counted as a serious/minor.

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by zain12131)

Plez halp. Thanks.
    Driving unnecessarily slow is typically a minor fault if the road's clear, but if you're holding up traffic behind you it becomes a major fault.

If there is an enforced 20 limit you'll generally see it painted on the road and on signs at regular intervals.

That said, driving at 20 in a 30 isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're on tight residential roads, generally if I see speed bumps or traffic calmers I'll go down to 20 anyway. Doing 20 on a 30mph arterial road on the other hand will almost certainly be marked down by your examiner.

ReputationRep:
    i usually go about 20 on residential roads anyway where there's lots of parked cars and my vision is kinda restricted. i think you'd maybe get a major though if you were on a main road that was 30 with traffic behind you

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.