Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've agreed to work a shift next week that I wasn't meant to be doing, which is fine as I enjoy work. However, I am likely to be finishing late when it is dark, and where I work is up a long private road in the woods- with no street lights. I have walked to and from work a number of times and it only takes about 20 minutes, but never in the dark. As you can imagine it only takes 2 mins in the car.
    Would it be pointless to get a taxi home? My folks are on holiday, and they normally pick me up. Or should I say I can't work/ have to finish early? I don't really know anyone well enough to ask if they can take me. The problem with getting a taxi is that they might not be willing to drive 20 mins to my work just to earn about a fiver.
    Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I don't think taxis will refuse you service. I've gotten a taxi before and only went 2 minutes up the road xD

If this is only a one-time thing then I don't think a taxi is that bad of an idea If it is gonna be more long-term, maybe invest in a rape alarm and a defence spray? should put you more at ease when walking home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    Hmmm, I don't think taxis will refuse you service. I've gotten a taxi before and only went 2 minutes up the road xD

If this is only a one-time thing then I don't think a taxi is that bad of an idea If it is gonna be more long-term, maybe invest in a rape alarm and a defence spray? should put you more at ease when walking home
    Thank you! Yes I see your point, I'm just worried that the taxi won't know where to go as it gets very busy where I work!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missinternet)
    Thank you! Yes I see your point, I'm just worried that the taxi won't know where to go as it gets very busy where I work!!
    the taxi driver is bound to be local otherwise they wont be working in that area, most taxi drivers also have stanavs
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Taxis will rarely ever refuse you as their working for a company. And £5 for one trip is good where I live lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.