Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What I mean by "weird" is that will someone being themselves; which translates to showing their TRUE personality and having quirks like bringing up random topics outa nowhere and just start a full blown conversation about it, usually blunt af (honest af, be it good or bad?), tries to get you involved in things, jus follows you around (smiling at you if you look at them with a disgusted face) ...etc.

FYI....all these shiz applies to me. I need peepz opinions on this coz I feel like I annoy certain friends of mine. So far, only 1 close friend of mine that bears it all and doesn't abandon me coz of my...."special" personality.

ReputationRep:
    This is literally me xD xD xD I find it hard to make and keep friends, but then again I have a PD so that's prolly why. If people don't accept you for who you are, then f**k 'em
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound weird at all, sounds pretty normal to me tbh. I was expecting to read something like "would you accept a friend who wants to sniff your tights" or something :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    What I mean by "weird" is that will someone being themselves; which translates to showing their TRUE personality and having quirks like bringing up random topics outa nowhere and just start a full blown conversation about it, usually blunt af (honest af, be it good or bad?), tries to get you involved in things, jus follows you around (smiling at you if you look at them with a disgusted face) ...etc.

FYI....all these shiz applies to me. I need peepz opinions on this coz I feel like I annoy certain friends of mine. So far, only 1 close friend of mine that bears it all and doesn't abandon me coz of my...."special" personality.
    they just gotta embrace u fam-sometimes u gotta turn that **** down tho, u might drive ur friend crazy if ur personality is really "special"

ReputationRep:
    If their fit yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    they just gotta embrace u fam-sometimes u gotta turn that **** down tho, u might drive ur friend crazy if ur personality is really "special"
    Ahahaha that close friend of mine actually said I drive them crazy sometimes. Guess I gotta bring back my fake personality from high school or at least some elements of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    If their fit yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your definition of "fit"? Also, why do they have to be fit?

ReputationRep:
    tbh we've all had friends who just don't get us, but we both stay together because we don't have other people, eventually this person will either open up and chill or move on, you do eventually find people that are totally on your level eventually so dw bout itt

Yes, I would, but most people don't.

"You pity me because I'm different. I pity you because you're all the same."

ReputationRep:
    I always have a habit of bringing up random topics! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    But the question is can a weird friend accept you ?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Sadly no sorry... ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    This is literally me xD xD xD I find it hard to make and keep friends, but then again I have a PD so that's prolly why. If people don't accept you for who you are, then f**k 'em
    Mhmm....yes. I actually had a very different persona in high school where I would just try to become somebody so people don't find anything wrong with me. After I entered college, I felt so drained and literally could not give 2 flying ****s so decided to let it all show. It's somewhat easy for me to make friends but flippin difficult to keep them since after they see me act in all my glory, only few remain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    But the question is can a weird friend accept you ?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Sadly no sorry... ~

In fact, the only friend of mine that knows the real me admitted to being weird himself. He was saying "it's not good to be weird" and I was like "It's good to be special" lmfao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    That doesn't sound weird at all, sounds pretty normal to me tbh. I was expecting to read something like "would you accept a friend who wants to sniff your tights" or something :laugh:
    That's not even weird..it's downright kinky and perverted. Or it's just me.....
    I guess there are people out there who think my kind is normal

ReputationRep:
    Id love to have you as a friend because what your saying is you don't do Bullsh1t and just say it straight.
    A quality many lack

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha that close friend of mine actually said I drive them crazy sometimes. Guess I gotta bring back my fake personality from high school or at least some elements of it.
    less fake personality more not talking all the time about random **** is what I would prefer my weird friend to do

ReputationRep:

I know it's who you are, and you do sound like a very fun person to be around, however I can imagine you becoming a bit 'too much' after a while (like, I'd need a break from you after a while, you know?).

Trying to get other people involved in things they perhaps don't want to do would definitely annoy pretty much anyone with half a brain tbh - no one wants to feel forced into doing something.

Following someone around is definitely a needy move. Perhaps instead of waiting for someone else to make the move or go somewhere with you in tow, occasionally take charge. Lead every now and then.

The smiling at the disgusted look all the time thing also communicates to me that you're trying a bit too hard to be 'weird' and 'quirky', so in a way, you're not being yourself, or you're putting too much pressure on yourself when you really don't need to.

Be yourself, but relax about it. Nothing's good when it's forced, especially farts.

You got this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    less fake personality more not talking all the time about random **** is what I would prefer my weird friend to do
    I think I do this shiz coz I hate that awkward silence atmosphere so I may, subconsciously just try and strike up a conversation about almost anything but is relevant to me and the person I'm talking to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    I know it's who you are, and you do sound like a very fun person to be around, however I can imagine you becoming a bit 'too much' after a while (like, I'd need a break from you after a while, you know?).

Trying to get other people involved in things they perhaps don't want to do would definitely annoy pretty much anyone with half a brain tbh - no one wants to feel forced into doing something.

Following someone around is definitely a needy move. Perhaps instead of waiting for someone else to make the move or go somewhere with you in tow, occasionally take charge. Lead every now and then.

The smiling at the disgusted look all the time thing also communicates to me that you're trying a bit too hard to be 'weird' and 'quirky', so in a way, you're not being yourself, or you're putting too much pressure on yourself when you really don't need to.

Be yourself, but relax about it. Nothing's good when it's forced, especially farts.

You got this.
    I will deffo note this down. ahahaha and that "smiling at the disgusted look" is coz it's a reflex action for me to smile when I have nothing worthwhile to say to someone when they look at me and don't say anything either (even if it is not a disgusted face xD).

ReputationRep:
    I will deffo note this down. ahahaha and that "smiling at the disgusted look" is coz it's a reflex action for me to smile when I have nothing worthwhile to say to someone when they look at me and don't say anything either (even if it is not a disgusted face xD).
    Go for it - make it a smirk and you're in the money. Glad to be of assistance, my friend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.