Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 14 year old boy and I'm a hopeless romantic. I constantly get rejected by the girls I like and it has happened so many times that I have grown used to it almost. Recently, I have been getting close with a girl but everytime I flirt and talk with her, I feel gross and dirty. Please help, I feel like we could have something special but it just feels too weird to ask her out or even flirt with her.Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    " everytime I flirt and talk with her, I feel gross and dirty".....isn't that suppose to be the other way round? If it does feel like that, just simply don't do it. Ask her out to the cinemas? Act like it wouldn't matter if she says no and just bring it up at a later date (it does not necessarily have to be going to watch movie).

Source: 2 acquaintances of mine went to see a movie with 3 girls. They're all friends but....is there more? Idk but my mates were casual about it and the girls did not seem to find it sketchy. Could pave a way for your romance life, never know.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have to be a romantic thing at first, just ask her if she wants to do something with you sometime. Just hand out after school, and see where it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    It doesn't have to be a romantic thing at first, just ask her if she wants to do something with you sometime. Just hand out after school, and see where it goes
    Thank you for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    " everytime I flirt and talk with her, I feel gross and dirty".....isn't that suppose to be the other way round? If it does feel like that, just simply don't do it. Ask her out to the cinemas? Act like it wouldn't matter if she says no and just bring it up at a later date (it does not necessarily have to be going to watch movie).

Source: 2 acquaintances of mine went to see a movie with 3 girls. They're all friends but....is there more? Idk but my mates were casual about it and the girls did not seem to find it sketchy. Could pave a way for your romance life, never know.
    Sounds like a good idea, thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tree Frog)
    Sounds like a good idea, thanks for your help!
    No problem man. Just take it slow and easy (unless some rival shows up) and let her ALWAYS see the good side of you. It will work out eventually. I shall pray...think positively for your success!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    No problem man. Just take it slow and easy (unless some rival shows up) and let her ALWAYS see the good side of you. It will work out eventually. I shall pray...think positively for your success!
    Thanks again, you have been super helpful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.