Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'd love to eventually become a clinical psychologist, and I've researched all of the routes that could be possibly taken.
    I'm not great at maths, or science, but psychology fascinates me and I've been in love with it for as long as I can remember.
    The reason I need help is I have no idea what course to apply for: the MA(BA, Scotland has weird degrees) which would suit me far better or the BSc, which I know I would suck COLOSSALLY at.
    It's just that my heart is set on clinical psychology and I'm scared that taking the MA would mean that I would lose the chance of becoming a clinical psychologist - does taking the MA affect my chances of getting into the doctorate course?
    Thanks guys.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    As long as you get a good enough mark and it is an accredited degree, in theory it shouldn't matter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.