The Student Room Group

My road to A*A*A*

Hi there, I'm Charlie. I'm in my first year of A-levels and am currently studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

I hope to go to either Cambridge, Warwick or Durham to read Mathematics.
I am planning to do STEP next year and hope to achieve a distinction in the 2nd and 3rd papers.

My GCSE's are not the best but i did achieve A* grades in the subjects that are relevant to the subjects that I'm studying and my degree choice.
My GCSE's are as follows:

Maths: 9
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Music: A
Geography: A
PSHE: A
Further Maths: A
DT: B
French: B
English Literature: 6
English Language: 5

I'm retaking my Language as something went wrong that day.
Ignore my further maths grade as something went horribly wrong on that day.
Original post by Charliewiz
Ignore my further maths grade as something went horribly wrong on that day.

u got an A m8
Reply 2
Don't put yourself down, your GCSEs are amazing! A 9 in maths, I can only dream lol. It took me more than enough mental breakdowns to get an 8 :colondollar:

Best of luck! I'm sure you do great. What do you want to do post-uni?
Reply 3
Yeah, but i was predicted an A^ and am just a bit disappointed.
Yeah, but i was predicted an A^ and am just a bit disappointed.

fair enough. i'm sure you'll be fine, your results are great regardless :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by kilner
Don't put yourself down, your GCSEs are amazing! A 9 in maths, I can only dream lol. It took me more than enough mental breakdowns to get an 8 :colondollar:

Best of luck! I'm sure you do great. What do you want to do post-uni?

I'm looking to go into the finance sector after. Thank you. What are you currently doing?
Reply 7
I'm looking to go into the finance sector after. Thank you. What are you currently doing?

Chemistry, Biology, History, French and EPQ. Sort of wanted to do Physics (somehow got 398/400 UMS at GCSE) but I dont think I could hack it at A-Level :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by kilner
Chemistry, Biology, History, French and EPQ. Sort of wanted to do Physics (somehow got 398/400 UMS at GCSE) but I dont think I could hack it at A-Level :tongue:

That's ALOT of work. Jeez....
How did u get that UMS?
Not sure what i got because my school doesn't give out UMS.
Reply 9
Was interested reading this blog until "Ignore my further maths grade as something went horribly wrong on that day."
An A is horrible? Really?
That's it I am out of here:angry:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
Was interested reading this blog until "Ignore my further maths grade as something went horribly wrong on that day."
An A is horrible? Really?
That's it I am out of here:angry:

Sorry i have offended you but i'm a perfectionist when it comes to maths and i can still remember how bad that day went.
Sorry i have offended you but i'm a perfectionist when it comes to maths and i can still remember how bad that day went.

Some people sure have some crazy goals....
Good luck! I hope you get the grades you need, congrats on GCSE results!
Original post by nevemarie17
Good luck! I hope you get the grades you need, congrats on GCSE results!

Just got my first Year 12 report and I'm on track to get an A* in Physics and normal maths and an A in Further. Hopefully with some more work i can get this up to an A* too!
I got 1s in the homework, effort and progress sections aswell for each of the subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest