Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GYG, aka Procrastination Corner Watch

ReputationRep:
    TL;DR, this is a GYG, you know the drill.

Hey!

So, this isn't for anyone else, I suppose, I'm just going to write stuff down (hopefully frequently...) in the hopes of actually doing stuff because I wrote about it on the internet. Makes sense.

So, my GYG is probably a bit different than most on here, especially since I haven't been doing all that well up until this point. I'm in Year 12, but if anyone has caught a glimpse of me when I'm not just lurking on here, I've already done Year 12 before, and actually got most of the way through a half term before resitting. My GCSE's actually went pretty well, but it really started to go downhill from there.

My GCSE's
    Spoiler:
    Show

2A*'s, 5A's and 3B's

My AS Results
    Spoiler:
    Show

3C's, including the EPQ

So yeah. Not great.

I thought I would be able to be predicted at least a B in maths (which was one of the C's) because I'd done that despite completely flopping C2 (really flopping, not 'I got 89 UMS' kind of flopped), but still managed to get a C because of a great D1 score, but my head of department refused. Everything snowballed, and I got predicted BCC. With a C in maths, I probably couldn't even have applied for higher than CCC courses, and that really sucked.

I didn't do what I needed to last year, and with that very sharp picture of reality in my mind, I decided to change my attitude. I'm resitting, partly because I want to do Computer Science, partly because I don't want to do English, partly because my predicted grades couldn't change, and partly because if I was going to do well I needed to do it right. And I suppose that's where this blog comes in.

(I actually have no idea what I'm supposed to be writing here).

I was doing Maths, Physics, English Language, Further Maths and the EPQ (I dropped FM after results day though), and am now doing Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Might resit the EPQ, but I don't know. I'm also redoing a couple of exams to up my AS grades. I want to do CS at uni, and I am really good at procrastinating (thus the aka).

I think that's it? Any questions, ask away

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.