Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried About My Life. I think I'm not a proper man but immature Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am now 24 years old man (well I'm not too sure if I am a man still) who literally has no friends, no job, never had a girlfriend, and just literally bored of life.

I think I am really immature, I mean how many 24 year olds have never had a girlfriend in their life yet alone kissed one! I'm lonely as **** and started drinking and smoking weed after I graduated from university.

I know people tell me not to compare myself to others but REAL TALK how are you supposed to know where you stand in life???

Got LOTS of HATERS and I just don't know what to do in life.

ReputationRep:
    You do you pal... The only one who's going to get sh*t done in your life, is you. Don't worry about things, you want something done? Get it done. Don't worry about other people.

And as far as knowing what you're doing in life... I'll leave you with this...

"The best advice I’ve ever received is, ‘No one else knows what they’re doing either." - Ricky Gervais

ReputationRep:
    Calm down it’s okay to take things slow, to be fair kids do kind of grow up way faster than they need too, as I am a kid myself (I’m currently 13 so what should my opinion really matter) I really can’t see myself in any kind of relationship by the time I’m 24, I’m also a smoker (please don’t criticise) and I like to believe I’m quite mentally and physically mature, to be honest it all depends on the person, even as a very young and mature teenager I’m not very interested in love life’s unlike my peers who desperately talk about giving or receiving “uck”, it doesn’t matter about how mature or immature you are, it’s about how comfortable in yourself you are, maybe spend some me time and try to connect with yourself, work out your style and find yourself a crowd

ReputationRep:
    Well, the surest way to miss a goal is to not aim at one. I think you need to establish what kind of person you want to be and what kind of things you want to do in your life and then start working towards those.

What would you like your life to look like in 5 years if you genuinely wanted the best for yourself? Where would you be in terms of your career? What would your relationships with other people be like? What would you do with your spare time? How would your drug and alcohol use look like?

What would your life in 5 years look like if you'd let all your bad habits get out of control?

Once you've established what these two scenarios look like, you should start paying attention to the things you do every day and start doing things that take you closer to the first scenario and away from the second one.

Good luck with everything!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    kissing someone doesnt make you mature lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    kissing someone doesnt make you mature lol
    But I guess having a girlfriend does make you mature

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.