Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I literally over think everything I do and it is driving me insane... I want to go to Uni, but also want to make this girl I am seeing my first proper girlfriend, I also want to work but can't do that if at Uni, oh but wait... I also want to travel for ages and/or work abroad.

Obviously you cannot do all at once but I do not know what to do and it is driving me mad, I am 22 tomorrow and work in a *****y job doing none of the things I want.

Just wondering how everyone else chose their future and regret not picking anything or made the wrong choice... I am literally confused haha

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to work whilst you're still studying at uni.
    I over think every single time. I used to hate it but just recently, I've learnt to accept it and now I just laugh. I find it funny now..

(Original post by richyy95)
    I literally over think everything I do and it is driving me insane... I want to go to Uni, but also want to make this girl I am seeing my first proper girlfriend, I also want to work but can't do that if at Uni, oh but wait... I also want to travel for ages and/or work abroad.

Obviously you cannot do all at once but I do not know what to do and it is driving me mad, I am 22 tomorrow and work in a *****y job doing none of the things I want.

Just wondering how everyone else chose their future and regret not picking anything or made the wrong choice... I am literally confused haha
    I overthink a lot too but your problems are a bit easy to solve, apply for uni nearby where you live so you can ask that girl out and if she accepts you will be closer to her and it won't be long distance. Travel later once you've saved enough money. These are just milestones
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I have BPD so I defo do overthink everything, the best think to do is to try not too hard to think. I know it is redundant saying that really, but just go with what feels right and then no matter what you have to tell yourself you made the right choice, there is no point looking back in regret because you can't change the past.

I didn't really choose my future, s**t just sort of happened xD and I rolled with it, you just have to trust yourself more, what do you want to do. I would suggest going to uni though, because it is so much easier to do it when you are younger and then it sets you up for the rest of your life as a good base, even if you later don't want to do that career, it become easier to get managerial jobs, or even to do another degree or graduate qualification

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.