Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thank you note to a teacher Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently my Cousin has left his Sixth Form. He wasn't enjoying it and he was getting stress, anxious, worried and ill from all the work he had to do and the pressure he was put under. He's been having thoughts about leaving since the middle of year 12 (In the Year 13now ) and throughout the state he has been in he felt like he could only talk and trust one teacher - his favourite teacher who knows the situation he was in and has supported him throughout. This teacher said that his safety and well being was more important than anything else in the entire world and would happily 'drop everything' if he ever needed to talk. My cousin is a kid in care who got put there when his parents died when he was really small so i guess he has never had this attention and affection from someone before.

I want to know should I write a little thank you to his Teacher just to let him know how amazing he was to my cousin or would be a little weird for him to receive an email from someone he doesn't know because I don't go to the same school as my Cousin. The teacher knows that my cousin has talked to me about his situation because my cousin has shown him some of the emails that we send each other. Do you think my cousin's teacher would appreciate an email from me or would he see it as a safeguarding issue?

ReputationRep:
    YES. Yes. Please send her an email or letter. She needs to know how much her support is well appreciated so she can continue to do the same to other students and change their lives. I wish I had a teacher like that..

ReputationRep:
    definitely send the teacher a letter!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.