Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

???? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys my first post here haha! I am currently 17 years old and studying Art. Photography and Media Studies at A -level. I always wanted to go to uni but over the past year, i think i realised the only reason i wanted to go because that was almost expected from everyone at the the time and because my friends wanted to go and now I am so undecided if going will even be worTH IT and i am stressing myself out because i keep overthinking. Maybe it would be better to not go and focus on mental health but at the same time i want to go??? pls someone i am a mess ahahahahahaha advice?? even reassurance i am not alone (I want to do Fashion Design btw)

ReputationRep:
    What is it that you want to do in the future? how are our grads atm?
    You definitely are not alone xD uni decisions and thoughts are terrifying! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdoyle317)
    Hey guys my first post here haha! I am currently 17 years old and studying Art. Photography and Media Studies at A -level. I always wanted to go to uni but over the past year, i think i realised the only reason i wanted to go because that was almost expected from everyone at the the time and because my friends wanted to go and now I am so undecided if going will even be worTH IT and i am stressing myself out because i keep overthinking. Maybe it would be better to not go and focus on mental health but at the same time i want to go??? pls someone i am a mess ahahahahahaha advice?? even reassurance i am not alone
    Haha, welcome! Little tip - Title your thread something a little more of a summary of your point, or a question, in your case "Should I go to Uni?"

The answer is - Not if you don't want to! Going to university should be because you want to, not because its expected of you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    There's no point going if you don't actually want to! Do a bit of research as to the courses available, but if there's nothing you like the look of don't feel pressured into going! The only reason you should go is if that's what you want - if not it's a total waste of time and there will probably be something else that's absolutely perfect for you! Good luck with finding out what's right for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Haha, welcome! Little tip - Title your thread something a little more of a summary of your point, or a question, in your case "Should I go to Uni?"

The answer is - Not if you don't want to! Going to university should be because you want to, not because its expected of you.
    Thanks so much!! how do i change the title?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevemarie17)
    There's no point going if you don't actually want to! Do a bit of research as to the courses available, but if there's nothing you like the look of don't feel pressured into going! The only reason you should go is if that's what you want - if not it's a total waste of time and there will probably be something else that's absolutely perfect for you! Good luck with finding out what's right for you
    Thank you for the reply!!! and yeah i understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    What is it that you want to do in the future? how are our grads atm?
    You definitely are not alone xD uni decisions and thoughts are terrifying! xD
    Fashion!!! ive only started my a level courses so we havent gotten any grades back or anything because only 2 months in

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reply!!! and yeah i understand
    Good luck! It's a hard decision to make, whatever happens you'll still have tons of options!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!! how do i change the title?
    I'm not sure if you can once it's been started - But that's okay
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Fashion!!! ive only started my a level courses so we havent gotten any grades back or anything because only 2 months in
    You don't have to go to uni to get into a career in fashion, although it may help. There are other routes into the profession

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.