The Student Room Group

applying for one single honours with joint honours PS

Basically, my PS written is a Philosophy and Politics joint honours PS where I've strongly written about both subjects and made links between them, I've got 4 choices I've lined up all PP. There's a uni I like and want to apply to for my 5th choice, however, they only do single honours Politics, not PP. Would it be worth applying for this course considering my statement talks about Philosophy as well as Politics? I'm thinking the two subjects are quite linked together anyway, and Politics is pretty Philosophical anyway, but I'm still concerned it would be a wasted choice, especially since I've discussed Philosophical topics that are not directly related to Politics in my ps.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mature student
Basically, my PS written is a Philosophy and Politics joint honours PS where I've strongly written about both subjects and made links between them, I've got 4 choices I've lined up all PP. There's a uni I like and want to apply to for my 5th choice, however, they only do single honours Politics, not PP. Would it be worth applying for this course considering my statement talks about Philosophy as well as Politics? I'm thinking the two subjects are quite linked together anyway, and Politics is pretty Philosophical anyway, but I'm still concerned it would be a wasted choice, especially since I've discussed Philosophical topics that are not directly related to Politics in my ps.

Give them a quick ring on Monday to explain that you’re applying for PP but really like their Pol course. Ask whether a joint honours PS would be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending