Found A grammar Error on MY UCAS PC Watch

noalotaibi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone,

I just checked my PC after submitting it through UCAS and I found a grammatical mistake. Instead of saying 'Shadowing with doctors has given me' I separated them into two sentences by mistake, 'Shadowing with doctors. This has given me..' Do you guys think I should contact the universities about this? I am so worried right now! I would appreciate if someone can answer my question.

Thanks all.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by noalotaibi)
Hello everyone,

I just checked my PC after submitting it through UCAS and I found a grammatical mistake. Instead of saying 'Shadowing with doctors has given me' I separated them into two sentences by mistake, 'Shadowing with doctors. This has given me..' Do you guys think I should contact the universities about this? I am so worried right now! I would appreciate if someone can answer my question.

Thanks all.
You’re not applying for English. Unless you finished your sentence with “attention to detail “ they’re not likely to care.

Don’t draw attention to it.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i realised i had a grammatical mistake too after sending, though it was a less noticeable mistake (plural/singular mistake) i still got offers. it was a small mistake, but reading it out loud would sound a bit awkward
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seriously - don't contact the universities to point out your mistake!

Chances are that half the admissions tutors that read it won't even notice.
OwlOfFire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't point it out to them, some tutors may read it so quickly that they do not even register the mistake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?