Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey fellow applicants! Haven't seen a thread for this year, so I thought I'd start one. I took the TSA yesterday (I'm an international student) and was wondering how everyone else found it.

Did the UK applicants have it yesterday as well? All the best if you haven't taken it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by periscopes)
    Hey fellow applicants! Haven't seen a thread for this year, so I thought I'd start one. I took the TSA yesterday (I'm an international student) and was wondering how everyone else found it.

Did the UK applicants have it yesterday as well? All the best if you haven't taken it.
    I'm a UK applicant. How come you took your TSA yesterday? Aren't we meant to be taking it at interview - I'm pretty sure that's the case for uk applicants at least.

Which college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aunno)
    I'm a UK applicant. How come you took your TSA yesterday? Aren't we meant to be taking it at interview - I'm pretty sure that's the case for uk applicants at least.

Which college have you applied to?
    I had my interview on Friday, so I actually took the TSA after my interview. I applied to St Catharine's, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on Friday, so I actually took the TSA after my interview. I applied to St Catharine's, what about you?
    I'm applying to Robinson. You've had your interview early! We find out if we have an interview in mid to late November. How'd it go? How was the TSA compared to previous years?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aunno)
    I'm applying to Robinson. You've had your interview early! We find out if we have an interview in mid to late November. How'd it go? How was the TSA compared to previous years?
    Please don't discuss specifics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Please don't discuss specifics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to Christ's, what are people doing to prepare for potential interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’ve applied to Caius and yeah atm I have no clue how to prepare for the interview

ReputationRep:
    Hi was the interview based on personal statement or SAQ? or was it based on something else which is entirely unseen? thanks xx
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2fsawgroup3)
    Hi was the interview based on personal statement or SAQ? or was it based on something else which is entirely unseen? thanks xx
    Anything in your application is "fair game". And they may, or may not discuss something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aunno)
    The interview was fine. Mine wasn’t based on my personal statement at all, but the interviewer guided me through the question very patiently and it was actually quite an enjoyable experience! I walked away feeling like I’d learned something.

The TSA was similar in standard to the specimen paper. Work quickly and you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I was told that I will have two interviews and the first one is going to be general while the second one is going to be more academic (ie based on personal statement/ subject matters)
    so what exactly should I expect for the first one?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone got an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimdog)
    Hey, has anyone got an interview yet?
    I applied to Fitzwilliam and got my interview offer today for the beginning of December. I have no idea what to expect- honestly I didn't expect to get this far. University had never been much of a consideration to me, let alone Cambridge!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_Barker)
    I applied to Fitzwilliam and got my interview offer today for the beginning of December. I have no idea what to expect- honestly I didn't expect to get this far. University had never been much of a consideration to me, let alone Cambridge!!
    Woah that’s amazing congrats!! I’ve applied for Caius but haven’t heard anything yet, where else did you apply and for what courses?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimdog)
    Woah that’s amazing congrats!! I’ve applied for Caius but haven’t heard anything yet, where else did you apply and for what courses?
    I got offers at Brunel, Royal Holloway, Exeter, and Nottingham. I think I like Royal Holloway (Economics, Politics, and International Studies at AAB- unconditional if made firm) and Exeter (Economics and Politics at AAA) the most. They both offer placement years which Nottingham don't, and Brunel is Econ w/ Business Finance which I just don't think is me... Honestly though I was shocked I got an interview. I'm only predicted AAA and got modest GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    did they tell you when your tsa was or was it just three interviews

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mine are all on the same day. TSA at about 1 followed by 2 interviews. Busy day!! Of course I'm not sure if all colleges work them same.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

I've not heard from Robinson yet. How many interviews have u got?

Edit: I've just seen your previous post about interviews. Are both your interviews subject specific?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aunno)
    Congrats!

I've not heard from Robinson yet. How many interviews have u got?

Edit: I've just seen your previous post about interviews. Are both your interviews subject specific?
    One is general and one is subject-specific. Honestly I don't even know what that means.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.